"Buildings" #KLONDIKEtheLostExpedition @Vizor_Games? More like 'Factories' (#Shops? I Wonder Why #Shop is more associated with #Shopping than -with 'the #ChopShop' or #ShopClass (working on cars, was it?)) | @Microsoft @getFANDOM @plarium

I listed a lot of the things you have to gather & build to succeed in the Massive Multiplayer Online Farming Game KLONDIKE: THE LOST EXPEDITION. But I don't mention that--before you start repeating production of those things--you have to gather & build materials to build the buildings where you build the products.

I think I've already done blog-entries for Buildings & Factories & Manufacturers etc.; but I'm surprised that I haven't done one for 'Shop' (a synonym I made sure is still valid ... maybe that's why Amazon kicked me off of their Associates-program ... well, that & the fact that I only have/had a few hundred readers per week), because I thought 'the way I make the big dollars' was going to be "leading my readers to great shopping-opportunities!"

Your invitation to play KLONDIKE (and to build- & use the 'shops' I list below the subscribe-bar) is hyperlinked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Shop (or #ShopWindow #ShopWorn #Shopaholic #Shopkeeper #Shoplift #Shoplifter #Shopped #Photoshop #Photoshopped #MachineShop #Pawnshop #Shoppe #Sweatshop #Workshop #Shopper #BarberShop #WeTalkShop #ShopAround #ShoppingCart #ShoppingBag #ShoppingList)” is built on ancient words that mean Small Additional |Structure (Building Without Walls, |Porch, |Cart-|Shed, Barn, |Booth, |Stall ...

(I suppose the original "shopping" was 'Browsing through the items |Stored in the |Extra Room.'


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I could go and 'find each of these buildings within KTLE' and report my findings from there, but--while I might use 'my personal correspondence' to edit this entry--I'm going to mainly rely on The Klondike Wiki to show me how to fill this list ...

Starting with the outline that shows why these aren't all referred-to as 'factories'---because they aren't all "factories!"
  • Factories - 'rug-ged' (just starting-out, getting comfortable in The Klondike) production buildings where hired Inuit or -Neighbors are employed to produce goods

    including the Sawmill, Smithy, Quarry, Furniture Factory, Golden Lighthouse, Pottery, Tinker Factory, Spinnery, Dairy, Glassblowers, Cottage, Bakery, Barn, Water Well, Water Pump

  • Industrial Factories - production buildings where (hiring exponentially-more Inuit or Neighbors) you produce exponentially-more of the same items

    including the Timber Works (big Furniture Factory), Metallurgy (big Quarry), Manufactory (big Pottery), Milk Plant (big Dairy), Steelworks (big Smithy)
    • but 'don't quote me on (those equivocations)'; I'm pretty-much guessing at those (especially on the Metallurgy, which might actually be more of a 'big Smithy' with the Steelworks being more like a 'big Tinker Factory' 😏

  • Housing - you 'hire' neighbors by housing them in these buildings (you pay them to stay here ... though the players' characters are otherwise unaffected (meaning they can go about playing the game as though they're not busy on your property at all ... best not think about it too much))

    Housing-Buildings include the Tent, (3 versions of) House with an Attic, (3 versions of) Apartments, (3 versions of) Inn, High-rise, Skyscraper, (3 versions of) Cabin

  • Special Purpose - Buildings that have functions different from the others

    including the Rabbitry, Market Stall, Wigwam, Gardener, Vegetable Complex, Vegetable Super-Complex, Simple Incubator, Golden Incubator, Fountain for Coins, Fountain for Emeralds, Observation Tower, Fisherman's House

  • Expedition Building - central buildings (for each Expedition location) where you can store what you're given in each location and can trade for special items.

    These buildings include the Barn, Windmill, Eagle's Nest, Shaman's Hut, Sacred Stone, Temple, Scalp's Tent, Khan's Tabernacle, Mirages' Barn, Dugout, Lookout Tower, Sanctuary, Big Tent

  • Limited Edition - buildings that were only available for a short period of time (which you might see built on Neighbors' home-stations)

    like the (5 versions of) Golden Valentine, Leadlight Mill, White House, Rainbow, Ghost House, Halloween Pumpkin, Signal Tower, Clock Tower, Cornucopia (and that's the Klondike Wiki list, which doesn't look like it's been updated since December 2014!)
While The Klondike Wiki is a good source for most of my KLONDIKE-categorization going on here; things change unexpectedly in The Klondike! so this info might've given some news that The Wiki hasn't gotten around to adding yet (and vice-versa), so check any differences with Vizor Games or Plarium or whatever other sources you trust!



Comments