Why I 'Go on #Expeditions' when there's still Work-to-Do on my Home-Station in #KlondikeTheLostExpedition @Vizor_Games @Plarium | #Expedition #Expedite #Expeditionary (as in #Expedient? #Expedia?)


I know I said Klondike-prospectors should 'clear-up and build their homesteads before striking out on extra missions,' but ...

Well, I'll explain my apparent hypocrisy below the subscribe bar; but first 'that word' (below linked to KLONDIKE: THE LOST EXPEDITION, the game designed by VIZOR GAMES & hosted by Plarium (I think)); first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Expeditions (also as in #Expeditious #Expedited #Expediting #Expediate)” is built on ancient words that mean "make |Ready, Prepare" (literally "to let the Feet Out of the |Fetters" ... generally referring to any "Journey for a Purpose," tho it often referred to a Military Campaign, |Implementation, Mission)

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



My Home Station (the first expedition-location ... I'd call it 'my settlement,' but "settlements" are 'something else') is where I can cut down trees & dig up minerals and build housing for my employees, and 'working- & building there' would be the best way to get through th rest of the expedition-locations;

but the partner I've found there needs me to get pick-axes so I can help them with their expeditions, and pick-axes can only be found on further expeditions! (Plus, some expeditions are only open for a limited time!)

  1. Home Station - The player's home base. (My "Traveller's Diary" calls it Blue Peaks Valley, and says, "I came to Klondike in search of my father. A couple of months ago he and two of his partners went on an expedition to the Klondike mines and disappeared. Silent Shadow, the daughter of the chief of the local tribe, told me about the Prospectors on Wind's Song who could know more. And so we hurried there.")
    • the rest of the expeditions are definitely 'out there,' but I think I constantly be coming back to 'Blue Peaks Valley!'
  2. Wind's Song - A very windy place. The first stop on the way to adventure. - ("Traveller's Diary" says "The prospectors remembered both the expedition and my father. They told me that he had questioned them about the new veins of Klondike. And then the expedition left in the direction of Aery. Silent Shadow's tribe lived there, so we decided to find her father and ask him for help.")
  3. Aery - A forest with eagles ... used to be eagles; Where have they all gone? (My "Traveller's Diary" tells me I've got adventures to complete there; buy my sled-dogs aren't strong enough to get me there, and the resting-place on the way there isn't open for me until I reach 'level 60-something.' And my "Traveller's Diary" won't tell me anything more about my missions until I get to Aery & fulfill the tasks to be done there.)
  4. Ukhty - A particularly terrifying place. It's the stuff nightmares are made of.
  5. Polar-Side - A sacred area surrounded by golden mountains.
  6. Indigo - A location filled with small ponds and resources.
  7. Scalp - The first stop in Khan Mires.
  8. Khanbulat - Where a tribe of Khans live.
  9. Mirages - This area comes with a spooky nighttime visitor.
  10. Woodside - A somewhat large forest with many clearings.
  11. Glade - A destroyed sanctuary with a mystery.
  12. Sunrise - A small encampment at the base of a large glacier.
  13. Indim - A place renown for its horses.
  14. Martu - An icy maze
  15. Arcane - The northernmost location, at the base of a giant volcano
  16. Arnica - The wild nature of this land reflects the character of its people. The locals don't like strangers and uninvited guests.
  17. Nord-Pas - In the very heart of Wolf Heath there is the vibrant Nord-Pas, long known as a meeting place for travelers from around the world, whose common interest is gold
  18. Diamondland - a location full of resources to gather
  19. Caldos - first stop in the Golden Canyon
  20. Inti Coast - home of an ancient temple
  21. Southern Reach - the beginning of a lush valley
  22. Machaon - home of star-filled skies
  23. Claw - swampy lands south of Mirages

Comments