They Say #Klondike is "the #FarmGame You Should Play @Plarium if you're #Over40" | @TrueWestMag @LevelWinner @GETfandom #Klondiker #WhatWouldYouDoForAKlondikeBar? #KlondikeSolitaire #KlondikeBar

I'm just starting, and Plarium suggested I invite you at the page linked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Klondike” is built on ancient words that mean |Hammer-Water (from the practice of Driving |Stakes into the Riverbed (of the |Yukon's Tributary in North|western Canada) to support Fish-Traps 
(the card-game Klondike Solitaire was named after the Klondike Gold-Rush, a stampede of over 100,000 miners to the Klondike Bar's namesake region when gold was discovered "in them thar` hills" (tho I'm not sure if they are the hills Mark Twain's friend was talking-about)).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow




Having 'cleared my homestead's greenery away' and -'built all the factories I need' and -'made all the neighbors I need to hire to work in the factories,' my main focus now is 'clearing & building on "Adventures" (mostly sea-faring, I think).'

And THAT requires Energy---Energy supplied by Food that the Neighbors I hire make in the Workshops (mostly the Bakery, with ingredients put together in the Dairy & elsewhere) ... I'm focusing on Blueberry Cake & Cheesecake, but I'll also 'do' the other Energy-Snacks ...


Before I started to 'journal my progress' above, I started on an outline of the 'parameters':
  • Who:
  • What: the Gold Rush
  • When: starting in 1896
  • Where: The North ... Alaska? (well, that's what the Johnny Horton song says)

    and the big one ...
  • Why - the object of the game:
    • the game's 'sessions'' loading-screen (that's displayed every time you load the game to start playing again) says it's 'to find your lost father,' but--like all "farm games" (or 'sim-games' or whatever they call this kind of game)--your goal is 'to profit' (to dig up treasure, grow profitable crops, serve your employees/citizens, prosper your territory, etc.)

So you probably want to start off by clearing a lot of your territory and building lots of living-quarters (cabins, apartments, etc.)---inviting many other players to be your "neighbors," accepting many of their requests to be yours; hiring them when there's open room in your living-quarters (and of-course farming & gold-mining etc. to raise money to pay them with) ...




Here's some of the help I found on Level Winner and FANDOM and Klondike Walkthroughs other such guides:
  • LevelWinner confirms that this game (like a lot of my favorite games) is best played "while you're busy doing something else.
  • Snacks help you refill your (relatively small) fuel-tank quickly. You can find a lot of snacks by foraging in the bushes, but the best way to get them is to--as soon as you level-up enough to build a Furnace (one of the Buildings)--"drop everything" (LW advises) and gather materials needed to build a Furnace, where you can then prepare snacks 'on demand'
Any suggestions?

Comments