Why Do People Think @Snopes is #Biased? @MBFC_News @Britannica @Owlcation @Bing

'That name & that word' (below-hyperlinked to Media Bias Fact Check's rating of Snopes's bias) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The name “Snopes” is the name of a family featured in the novels- and short stories-of William Faulkner (Emblems of |Depravity, infamous for their Vermin-like |Rapacity).  #Snopes
The word “Bias” is built on Foundations beneath ancient words that mean "Slant, |Slope, |Oblique (figuratively, an |Expedient Means)" ... possibly Foundations that mean "to Cut at an |Angle" (in The Game of Bowls, referred Odd |Weighing of |Balls so they'd |Drift to the Side as they Roll---hence the figurative use for "the One-Sided Tendency of a Mind, Undue |Propensity or Prejudice"). #Bias #Biasing #Unbias #ConfirmationBias

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Recently I posted a blog about a picture that 'quoted' Mary Anne MacLeod Trump (President Donald Trump's late mother) saying ... something insulting about her son. A Twitter-contact told me that it was falsely quoted, so I went to the one fact-check website I knew-of, and saw that "No, she probably didn't say that.'

I posted that link in a reply to the response, and said I would soon change the blog to reflect that correction; but then some other Twitter-contact let fly with a whole barrage of 'how biased Snopes is.'

And I'm seeing 'the bias we all share'---preferring 'what's most-convenient' ... I 'do a search' for "whether Snopes is biased," and--rather than 'compare the hundreds of articles brought up to finally decide which one's the most-honest'--I take the top result without-question!

Comments