#Tinnitus-sufferers (with ringing ears ... TIN-uh-tuss? tin-EYE-tuss? @JoeListComedy also hears different people say it different ways); but there are Many Theories on Defeating the #Tintinnabulation | #MotivationalDoc @OKCU @Medium

Joe List discusses Tinnitus (& other health-conditions) in a routine linked through 'that word' below; but first (or actually while I'm listening to it) I'm interested in 'finding out more about that word,' and you can usually find out more about a word by looking at the meanings of the words it's built-on, and then looking at the meanings of the words those meanings' words are built on, and then etc....

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

The word |Tinnitus| is built on ancient words that mean “to |Jingle, Ring, |Tinkle (see #Tintinnabulation).” 
The word |Tintinnabulation| is Imitative of the |Jingling Ring of a Small Bell.

just like #Tintinnabulary #Tintinnabulatory #Tintinnabulum 


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

I've looked through lots of ... online text about tinnitus. Usually I'm looking for writing about "what's wrong, and how we can make it right without buying anything extra,' but most tinnitus-writing usually ends up being more about 'what you can buy from the writer to help relieve those ringing ears.'

But still, I read 'the reports' up to the point where they become 'sales-letters'; and what 'sticks out' to me is the occasional tinnitus-diagnosis: "Absolutely nothing wrong with your ears; it's your brain!"


I'll give some 'new (to me) information' in a minute; but first, I feel I should mention that I was inspired to come back to this by an episode of THE BLACKLIST---an episode where a man is driven into a murder-spree by the server-farm company whom he blamed for his 'tinnitus' (I don't know if they ever actually CALLED it 'tinnitus' in the episode ... for him, it was 'the hum of the servers,' which he claimed stayed with him & separated him from his wife etc.)

A fictional doctor informed Agent Keen that studies had shown that 'noise-pollution' was being blamed for several problems (and the crazy guy compared it to the way light-pollution is hiding the stars from those of us who live in- or near large cities). So I felt compelled to report some things I've learned since I last wrote in this post (a few years before 7/20/2023 ... I updated the time-stamp before I thought I needed the old date-&-time).

Having a "smart TV" now, I sometimes watch YouTube videos 'on TV' (rather than 'on my computer'); and I guess it reads 'my TV's IP-address,' because--even though I don't 'sign into my YouTube account' there--it STILL suggests YouTube-videos according to 'the kinds of YouTube-videos shown recently on that TV.'

And there are A LOT of 'how to quiet your tinnitus'-videos! The one that stood out in my memory (I think I embed it above) is one by Motivational Doc---one which says that tinnitus is mostly controlled by the way your muscles are sending signals to your brain, so there are a number of exercises to help clear up the signals.

He also mentions something else I've been seeing (in lots of 'tinnitus cure'-ads, including the one(s) linked below)---that a lot of the tinnitus is 'inflammation---brain-chemicals released when you have too much of "a toxin" in your diet ("toxins" like caffeine, cigarettes, salt, sugar ... laughter, joy, happiness ...).'

Some of the 'tinnitus info' reports experiments (done in the 1950s, I think) that found people suffering tinnitus even when they were deaf!---proving that 'it's not necessarily "actual sound" that causes it, but more like 'your body signaling your brain (or your brain signaling itself) to indicate that you SHOULD be hearing something' ("the echo from the amplifiers ringing in your head").
suggesting Ginkgo Biloba, Apple Cider Vinegar, Onions, Saline Solution, Garlic, Ginger (and maybe more)
sharing my notes from this picture & -from the MEDIUM-article it links to

Some 'Remedies' (said to stop the tinnitus ... probably by improving the balance of chemicals going from your digestion to your brain---the linked article explains them more deeply---I'm just taking notes): 
Additional Remedy-Strategies (these are also described further in the article linked through the picture)
  • take a Nasal Decongestant
  • Relax ("Hear Silent Songs in a Dark Space"? Do something fun)
  • Avoid Triggers (Loud Noises, the above-mentioned toxins, etc.)
  • lower your blood-pressure (workout, diet right ... take blood-pressure drugs, as a last resort)
  • Sleep more, and/or Relax your schedule


... reminding me of what I've read about it for years—your hearing naturally gets worse as you age, but your brain expects to hear the same amount of sound as always-before; so it 'signals itself' that it is hearing something (kinda the way your stomach growls when it's expecting more food).

One tinnitus-treatment ... it actually lists the ingredients! (It doesn't exactly give away the 'formula' (i.e. the amount of each ingredient needed), but mentions that most sources that claim to provide these ingredients don't give you the pure elements you're looking for) ...

I also find that 'a possible theory' involves "reading 'The Bible' (or whatever book helps your lifestyle ... The Quran, Think & Grow Rich, The Secret, Lit. Class assignments (the one I remember was by Mihaly Czikszentmihalyi ... funny how I remember that name, but needed to be reminded of 'the title of the book')) out loud."

Comments