I'm Just a God-Baby, #Spoiled by Our Providing Father | #HeartOfTheNationCalendar @MySundayMass #SPOILERS #SpoilingTheGrandchildren #SpoiledRichKids #SpoilingThemWithGifts #SpoiledWithConveniences #Spoil #Spoiler

I've been using the 2021 Calendar (from Heart of the Nationreg; CATHOLIC MASS) to note Catholic events that happen on people's birthdays, but here in a few days I'll probably have to switch to my Kenneth Copeland Ministries 2022 Calendar (switching from Catholic- to Televangelical-events ('Televangelical' not being a real word, according to this blog's spellcheck)---for at least a few weeks) ...

Because I was under the impression that--since I ordered the 2021 Calendar--I would be 'on HOTN's list' to get another calendar this year automatically (and heck! maybe I am, and the calendar will show up tomorrow no-problem!)

But I think I'm going to have to order it again, and wait the 4-to-6 weeks for it to come in. You can order one (for FREE ... maybe) at the page hyperlinked through 'Spoil' below; but first, I want to know more about 'Spoil.' And I find you can learn more about words by learning about the ancient words they're based-on, and learning more about the ancient words those words are based-on, etc.-etc.
River Song (from BBC's Doctor Who) ...
"Spoilers!" is a catch-phrase of hers ...
 I could tell you why, but it would
 SPOIL the fun of finding-out!

The word |Spoil| is built on ancient words that mean “the Hide-or-Skin Stripped (Violently) from a Killed Animal” (what is |Split-or-Broken off, |Spill; |Rob, |Pillage, |Plunder, |Dis|possess, Impoverish with |Excessive Taxation; Christ's Harrowing in Hell; Destroy, Ruin, Damage so as to Render Useless; Over-Indulge (one's child, niece, nephew, grandchild, etc.); become |Tainted, go Bad, Lose Freshness).

It's interesting, the many meanings of "spoil": I think I first heard the word used by my grandparents, joking that they were "afraid they might spoil me" by giving me the fun gifts they were always giving me. Then there was the idea that your food would 'spoil' (or 'be spoiled') if you left it out too long or it got too "ripe." 

(Which is probably the idea behind "Spoilers!"---the warning that people give if they know something about the future (the end of a story) that--if they told you--it would 'ruin the fun of finding out freshly for yourself.')

And of course there's the Biblical reference to 'the Tempter' as "The Spoiler" (also translated "The Ravager"), from the treasure often taken from conquered enemies—treasure the conquerors would call 'spoil' (and/or they would call the taking of the treasure 'spoiling their enemies').

The Spoiler is also the term for an aerodynamic device (on cars, maybe on boats & airplanes) designed to 'spoil' unfavorable air-movement (a.k.a. turbulence, drag).

Comments