'My #Poverty' Makes Most People Think I'm #Stingy @BorgenProject #Stingily #Impoverished #Stinginess


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


Oh, I'm not 'living on the streets' or 'lacking in needs of human survival'; but I'm not 'an overflowing fountain of monetary wealth' either!

I 'meet a girl' on Twitter, and she invites me to chat on Google Hangouts. (Admittedly, 'meeting a girl on social-networks' is less like "meeting a girl at a party" and more like "becoming a fan of a Lady Gaga & imagining all her songs are 'about you.'")

In our chatting, she tells me her daughter wants a game-card for her iPhone and asks me to get one for her. I say no, I can't; because I can't (don't have a credit-card to do that, don't make enough extra money to be doing that, etc.)

And I try to change the topic, still under the impression that the girl wanted to chat; but she responded ... I won't repeat it, but she called me "stingy."

And–before I could apologize for 'letting my poverty show' and wishing her a better day before I moved-on–she blocked any further response.

I hate it when people do that. 'Ruminates' the false idea that I'm one o` those "Energy Vampires" (the kind that videos online teach you to identify & fix or -stay away-from).

'Those words' (below-hyperlinked to The Borgen Project's study of poverty) are built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Poverty” is built on words that mean “Poor” (Misery, Wretched Condition).

The word “Stingy” is built on unknown Bedrock beneath words that mean “Niggardly, Penurious, Extremely Tight-Fisted” (perhaps (or at-least influenced by) "Sting" Biting, Sharp).

I–like many Americans–take advantage of today's abundant world's wealth, graciously shared by 'brothers & sisters' (Christians call them 'Brothers & Sisters in Christ,' other groups call the-people-who-share 'other kinds of brothers-and-sisters').

I'm grateful for it, but not all of us thank all the providers for it—I'm sure you've visited YouTube without consciously thanking Google & all the participating creators & commenters, or you've visited Twitter without consciously thanking Jack Dorsey, Matt Stone & Evan Williams, or you've used Facebook without consciously thanking Mark Zuckerberg-etc., etc.. (I say 'consciously thanking,' because–in most cases–the originators & owners collect advertising dollars that you 'earn them' by showing up.)


Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments