My #Mangrove Tree in #Kenya | discussed on @Quora ... @TrevorNoah probably knows all this

|Those words| seems important; so I found out a little more about |those words| (below-linked to the discussion of how |those words| came to my attention) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).
The word |Kenya| (name of an African country, the country 'people named |Kenya|' are probably just named-after) is the English form of the |Kikuyu language's word #Kĩrĩnyaga, which means "the one having Stripes" (although that word might come from kere nyaga "White Mountain).
just like #MountKenya #Kenia #Keniya #Kenija #Kenyan
The word |Mangrove| is the English spelling of the Spanish word for the tropical shrub (probably from |Carib or |Arawakan---West Indies languages)---a spelling influenced by #Grove. 

just like #Mangroves 

The word |Grove| is built on ancient words that mean "|Copse, Small Wood" (related to ancient words that mean "Thicket").
just like #Groves


Reading my Bible, I see the Old Testament frequently mention how |Groves| were frequently used as the sites of pagan temples---natural, as they were said to be "God's first temples"---actually, we see that 'a word rendered "grove"' is also used as the name of one of the Pagans' deities!
יַעַר (ya'ar) (the only one I feel like looking for) is said to mean "Wood, |Forest, Thicket," but actually translates to "|Comb."

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


Comments