My Newest #FavoriteWriter C.B. Mottor @CBwordstuff inspires me to Review My #Anthology

I'll share her inspiring tweet & my replies (the one on Twitter & it's continuance in this post) shortly, but first ... Anthology - |That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to the tweet that inspired me) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

The word |Anthology| sits at the peak of the high tower above ancient words that mean "Flower Gathering (Collecting ... see Anther, -logy), which evolved from that into ancient words that mean "Collected 'Small Poems' & Epigrams (usually from Several Different Authors)."
just like #Anthologies #Anthologize #Anthologizes
 #Anthologized #Anthologizing

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

"A tablet bearing a birthday party invite includes the earliest Latin script penned by a woman"

My writing-career ... I don't know. Like I said, 'I spent years in school trying to get a writing degree,' but I got it in my head that I was going to make a fortune 'writing on the Internet.' And--instead of making all the money I could 'just writing'of making all the money I could 'just writing'--I had the "ingenious idea" of getting my money straight from 'the source' (advertising).

But I wanted to continue writing. Which meant that--while 'writing more' still makes it more likely that my writing will pay me--my writing doesn't pay me unless people CLICK it (and also see the advertising attached to it).

So when I was in school, I focused on "where people were going to CLICK to read others' writing." The Internet was just becoming 'a common thing,' so I guess I never felt compelled to get more-'published' than 'publicly shared on The Internet; and my writing-career never made it past that ... never proceeded to 'writing that someone would pay to read' or '-would pay to repeat aloud for an audience (i.e. script-writing).

Maybe I figured that--just like a lot of musicians "get discovered" when they're playing-for-loose-change on the roadside--my writing would 'get discovered' as I wrote-for-a-percentage-of-the-ad-revenue in the virtual "public square" (something like Yahoo!, Friendster, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, etc.)

My main focus has been Twitter ... mostly because 'that's the one that's been talked-about most on TV (spokespeople giving us 'hashtags to look-for & use to share comments on Twitter' and -often giving their audiences 'the Twitter-I.D.s they use'). I consider my Tweets to be 'my novel(s), shared for-FREE to my Twitter-followers,' as I think my Twitter-bio indicates.

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

xx

Comments