#Parleying with Myself: Why do I Spend so much time 'There' (on @Google's @Blogger), when 'What I'm Looking-for' is RIGHT HERE (on @Twitter)?

'All I'm looking-for' is conversation (of-course leading to all sorts of fun; but--as many Christian preachers know--you can't take your gift until you call for it), so why do I continue to spend all my time on BlogSpot?

It's probably fairly obvious (if you look at almost any of my posts); but I'll discuss it beneath 'my findings' on |that word|.

The word |Parley| is built on ancient words that mean "Comparison (see #Parable)" ... as it was (even before Pirates of the Caribbean used it) the Meeting to Discuss Terms (of Conflict) between Enemies
And |Parable| is based on ancient words that mean "to Cast (proto-word *gwele- 'to Throw, Reach') |Alongside (see Para-)."
on which are also-built #Parleyed #Parleying ... Etymonline
 says #Parleyvoo is 'a related word'---I know it's "colloquial
 for 'the French language" (from the French parlez-vous
 (francais?) "Do you speak (French?)" but I didn't know
 it was "real" 🤵 #Parables #Parabolic #Parabolical (I know
 those last two words are more-often related to "the Parabola,"
but EtymO. connected it to |Parable|)

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


The Internet had just started becoming 'a thing' when I was in high-school. That was back when I thought somehow I'd all-of-a-sudden get all my dexterity back and become a fiddling, drumming rock-star.

That probably hasn't happened, and--for the long-while I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen--I got it in my head that I was going to make money writing. And--while I could do that if I needed the money--I don't want to write 'for money' as much as I want to write 'for conversation.'


(Conversation is 'the main reason I watch The News, TV (and now Streaming shows), Movies & other events (like Sports, Big Speeches, Court Hearings, etc.)---just to have something to discuss with other 'Watchers'🧙)

insignia for The Watchers (observing The Immortals in HIGHLANDER)
But--though I've tried to participate in several forums (MyLot, Brigade, many connected to PostLoop, many on StackExchange, some on reddit, and others ... on Facebook, Yahoo! Google Hangout(s), etc.), I always come back to this! (perhaps even after it's been deleted ... "for all things shall pass" ...)

For one thing, I get some sort of 'thrill' out of hyperlinking---something that interferes with the forums' SEO-ranking. And then I guess there was always the idea that 'money doesn't come from "the publishers," but from "the advertisers'"---encouraging me to get into lots of affiliate-programs, which heavily distract from conversations.

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments