I'm Angry/Scared at My Lack of #Casting-Equipment (mostly #Webcasting or #InternetCasting (#NetCasting) or #Podcasting, related to #Broadcasting) @js_newswatch @Wikipedia @GOAT_aus @USATODAY #Cast #Webcast #Podcast #Broadcast


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I'm still disabled in a couple ways (at least).

One way I'm disabled: "Legally," which is mostly because of my lack of income (because the brain-injury that killed me makes me unemployable).

That leads me to another 'way I'm disabled': ... I'm not sure of the word—it's the way everybody has been 'disabled' with the 'shelter-in-place' orders leaders use to combat The CoronaVirus-19 Epidemic. Most of us have been able to meet 'virtually' with 'Internet-casting' equipment. Equipment that I can't afford (tho I could pay for it by 'broadcasting my discussions across the web,' much like many others do ... but ...

(... more about that shortly; but first let's review -casting.) 'That suffix' (below-hyperlinked to ... Amazon, probably) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The suffix is simply a use of the word “Cast” (in the compound "Broadcast," a word originally referring to Seeds Dispersed Widely on the Ground, later applied to Radio- & Television-Signals Dispersed Widely across a Network of Stations) is built on ancient words that mean "to |Throw (to the Ground ... or |Emit, |Shed, Bring |Forth Abortively or Prematurely, Eject, Vomit)" 
(or "to Form in a |Mold (the reason why they call it "Throwing" when you set Clay to Bake into |Pottery), |Distribute the Parts to the Actors, Vote (i.e. "Throw" your Ballot into the |Hopper), Drop a Line with a Hook to |Catch a Fish, take a |Quick |Glance, 'Calculate, |Find by Reckoning, Chart a Course, calculate Astrologically' (i.e. Forecast or Cast a Spell/Incantation)).

When I think of 'Webcasting' (I've often heard "Podcasting," but I never had 'an iPod' (the device whose name I think that word is built-on)), I think of YouTube. And I kinda wonder, 'When did they transform from "a website for people to share clips of things they saw on TV (& DVD etc.)" to "a DIY broadcast-network (which–most-importantly–pays broadcasters for the revenue their broadcast content brings-in)"?'







Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments