@Sunkist @SunTropics #Comparison Shopping (not a 'crucial' comparison, just #comparing 'brands of #DriedBananas') #Compare

One of my grandmothers (Kay, a retired nurse) suggested I eat a banana every night before bed, so I'm sure to pick up several bananas when I go to the store. On occasion, I pick up a package of 'dried bananas' (banana-chips, banana-slices, etc.) for just in case I run out of fresh bananas before I go back to the store.


I usually get the Sunkist banana-chips, but I saw the Sun Tropics package (I think I read the label & saw it was more servings at a lower cost) and tried it out.

When I finally got around to eating it, I found out why the other was slightly more-expensive—Sunkist's dried bananas look 'more like bananas' (you look at the chips & feel like 'somebody took a banana, chopped it into slices, laid them on a baking-sheet & sent them through the freeze-dryer'); whereas Sun Tropics' chips look like 'someone dropped a load of bananas (probably peeled) into a blender, spread the liquefied banana onto the baking sheet, freeze-dried or chip-baked that, and smashed it into chips.'

Oh, it tastes fine (and I'm sure the necessary people checked it out to be sure it's 'banana'-chips & not 'some other random edible material'-chips); again, I'm only eating it for the nutrition. And Sun Tropics' lower price was better for me than the banana-'mouth-feel' that Sunkist's method left. (Sun Tropics' 'mouth-feel' was more like that of potato-chips ... if Sun Tropics had added more salt, my impaired sense-of-taste might not have been able to tell the difference between their bananas & the standard potato- or corn-chips).


The word “Compare” is built on ancient words that mean “With, Together (Com-) + Equal (|Par)” ( |Note the |Similarities & |Differences of, |Rival).


Comments