@SteveLehto explains 'How Subpoena threatens with Punishments for #Perjury & #Contempt'

Well, he answers a question about the 'swear to tell the truth'-oath (in the video linked through the bold text below); but 'those words' come up in the answer.

The word “Perjury” is built on ancient words that mean "to |Swear Away, -|Entirely (False Oath, False Witness, Willful |Utterance of False Testimony under Oath ... see Per, Jury)."
just like #Perjurious
The word “Contempt” is built on ancient words that mean "to |Slight-, |Scorn-, |Despise 'Intensely' (see Com- ... |Scorn for what is Mean, |Vile or Worthless, Open Disregard or Disobedience)."
just like #Contemptrix #ContemptOfCourt #Contemptible
 #Contemptuous

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


The Oath & the Affirmation (because some religions forbid 'swearing oaths in public'):
Oath: I swear by Almighty God that I will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Affirmation: I solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 

But--just like 'walking across a platform and taking a diploma' isn't what earns you the degree--The Court actually has you "under oath" (I don't "know" this, but I'm just guessing ... you can confirm/correct in the comments) as soon as a) you swear 'the oath of citizenship' and b) you are "served" with a subpoena (by The Court).


I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments