How Do the "HIGHLANDER" Immortals Know their #Provenance? | @Google @tubi

That question comes up as I'm re-watching a lot of the HIGHLANDER 'stories' (notably the '90s TV-series & the "Renegade Version" of the first movie's sequel).

In an episode of the series, Duncan MacLeod 'learns' (i.e. "is told by his father (after Duncan 'dies' on the battleground but 'shamefully' doesn't stay dead)") that he was originally "a changeling" (not 'his mother's baby,' but 'a discarded infant found in the wild and put in her crib to replace the baby that died in childbirth').

Then I see The 'Renegade' Sequel, which says (I don't think I'm spoiling it, as it's "not canon" (might be 'fiction THE IMMORTALS thought-up' 🤷)) that The Immortals are from the planet Zeist---they're criminals annexed to Earth to be either 'eliminated in The Game' or to be given 'The Choice' if they are the one winner at the end (when they can choose to either live out the rest of a mortal life on Earth or return to Zeist (where I think they were mortal ... kinda like Kryptonians when they were originally on Krypton)).

I'll keep watching the series to 'find out' if he ever learns where The Immortals really came from, but you can 'find out' through the bold link(s) below.

The word “Provenance” is built on ancient words that mean "to Come Forth (see Pro-)" (influencing/influenced-by words that mean "Go, |Originate, Arise, Produce, Source- or |Quarter from which anything Comes").
just like #Provenience

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


The HIGHLANDER stories include:
  • HIGHLANDER - TV-show ... their tubi-description says The Immortals "have waged a war between good and evil" ... feh! I'm only a few seasons through, but I haven't seen 'what makes one side good & what makes the other side evil'---except of course 'that the "evil" side approves of mass-murder' (and that's not the "letting people die" that atheist snowflakes call "murder," but rather the direct killing)
  • HIGHLANDER - 1986 movie ... the one that "started them all," I think (search-around on the HIGHLANDER-wiki (linked in the etymology) to make sure)
  • Highlander: The Animated Series - another 'next-generation' (as Duncan was of Connor MacLeod--probably not blood-relatives, but 'alien creatures' adopted by different generations of the same clan--TAS has Quentin MacLeod
  • Highlander - The Raven

     - spin-off of the original series, but it appears to be almost-totally unrelated (except their 'Scooby Gang' and the attackers they battle are all Immortals)
  • Highlander: The Source 

    (2007 movie)

     - I just saw this, and--in case I forget to review it--it ... it basically tells us 'what the whole fight was for' (or something like that, or not; I'm still meditating on it, I guess)
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments