Another Mantra: #KeepPortlandWeird (something they say in #Portland (Oregon), like Oklahoma's 'Thunder Up!' or something) | @Wikipedia

That's the motto on a mug my brother gave me (visiting Oklahoma City again from Portland after years-&-years (I hear "7"; but I'm getting old, and time is ... different)). Let's see how 'big' that mantra is (linked through the bold text below).

The word “Portland” (named for Land Surrounding a Harbor ... originally in Dorsetshire (England), then in Maine (after they won a coin-toss with Boston (Massachusetts)), then in #Oregon (& probably in lots of other places)) is built with the words Port & Land.
that's right beside #Portlandian #Portlandians ("Portlandia"
 only exists in the title of that 'Fred Armisen'-sitcom)
The word “Oregon” (named for named after a large river in the west of North America) is built on ancient words that mean Beautiful.
that's right beside #Oregonian #Oregonians #OregonTrail

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments