Growing-up, I Thought I Wanted to be 'Published'; but that means NOTHING if not Seen- & Shared by the Whole #Tribe! | #Tribal #Tribes #Tribalism #itTakesTheWholeTribe

When I was in the University (where I had started in 'the Entertainment Business major' (i.e. the major for kids who are 'artistic/smart, but not so talented'), and was finding out that I wasn't even talented enough to work backstage 😞), the Internet was just getting popular.

I changed majors to English Composition (or maybe English Lit., because I don't think there was enough focus on "getting published" ... or maybe I dropped out before I got that far ...). And I thought, 'Hey! Maybe with the Internet I can "skip the middle-man" and publish without all the material costs!'

So I got started on a few 'blog-networks': I think the first one I used that had 'the submission-for-approval-before-publication factor' was called ASSOCIATED CONTENT ... there were a few that didn't require 'submission for approval before publication' (or maybe they did, but I was so active it was almost automatic)mdash;XOMBA, YUWIE, MYLOT (reminding me that Twitter's original title was TWTTR 😁).

My post about "Publish" is linked through 'the hyperlinks' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Tribe” (meaning of a word in the foundation beneath "Publish" ... #Tribesman #Intertribal) might be built on ancient words that mean "Be one of the Three" (as the Roman state was originally divided into three #Tribes) or words that mean "a Dwelling" (or |Tavern). 
An English word originally used in The Bible (starting with the Twelve Tribes of Israel), the original Greek translated 'Tribe' means "Race of Men (United by |Ties of Blood & -|Descent), a |Clan" (|Phylo-); modern meanings of 'Tribe' are generally "a |Division of a |Barbarous Race, Differing from their |Congeners (other barbarians), United into a Community under a |Chieftain" [Century Dictionary, et al.]

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



Comments