@_WeirdHistory_ reports on #JoyceMcKinney & the #Manacled Mormon Missionary (a Kidnapped #KirkAnderson) | #Joyce #McKinney #Kirk #Anderson #Manacle

Weird History's report is linked through 'those words' below; but first I want to understand those words better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The name “Joyce” (also my paternal grandmother's name) is built on ancient words that mean Lord (the ancient word which is also the base of the surname). - see also #Jost
The name “McKinney” is a variation of the name #McKenna, built on ancient words that mean "Heir of #Cionaodh." - see also #MacKenny #MacKenna 
The name "Cionaodh" is a form of Cinaacute;ed, built on ancient words that mean Fire + "Respect, Esteem, Affection" or "to be Born, to come into Being" (often spelled like- but not really related to-the name #Coinneach (derived from #Cain, meaning Handsome, Fair)). - see also #Kenneth (why haven't I already researched this for #BrotherKenneth!) #Ken #Kenny 
The name “Kirk” is built on ancient words that mean Church. - see also #Cyril. 
The name “Anderson” is built on ancient words that mean "Heir of Andrew." - see also #Andre #Andreas #Ander #Andrei #Andrey #Andriana #Andreu #Andria #Andrea #Ea #Andi #Andie #Dre #Drew #Andras #Andro #Andrej #Anaru #Anders 
The word “Manacled” (Confined with Fetters) is built on ancient words that mean Hand. - see also #Manacles #Manacling

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I sometimes get a little 'thrill' from realizing that I have the same birthday as several famous people, and enough other people get that thrill from seeing their birthday-cohort (both the currently-famous & the probably-not-yet famous) that I figure it's worth doing 'one of these entries for every birthday' ...

This Day's Birthday-Cohort

the ETERNAL Horoscope-dates

... and many others (most of whom are at the 'Birthday-Cohort' link)---

you might comment telling why we should recognize a special one I missed ...

Or maybe you'd like a reminder of 'where you've seen one of the ones we DO mention'; Ask in your comment!

I haven't gotten my Heart of the Nation calendar (which tells me which celebrations we (Catholics) are celebrating, and which color Vestments the clergy are wearing); so I look at my KCM 2022 Calendar, which tells us that today's ~ and the day to read ~ (if we're sticking to the plan to read the whole Bible in a Year)


Comments