#HappyBirthday to 'those with the same birthday as' #VinceGill @VGcom & @TulsiGabbard etc. (the #April12 #BirthdayCohort) on 2021's #YomHaZikaron (Israel's Memorial Day) @NationalToday @ReformJudaism | @411Holidays @MySundayMass

I had a post that I rewrote everyday to replace 'yesterday's cohort' with 'today's cohort.' One day I asked myself, 'Why don't I just do an entry for every day (with that day's cohort & holidays & maybe its event-anniversaries)?'

Soldiers at Jerusalem’s Mount Herzl Military
Cemetery on Memorial Day, Yom Hazikaron,
April 28, 2020. (Avshalom Sassoni/Flash90)
(Olivier Fitoussi/Flash90)
That way I can go back & input new birthdays & events etc. Like today (in 2021, Yom HaZikaron)

That holiday's explanation is linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Yom HaZikaron” (short for Yom HaZikaron LeChalalei Maarachot Yisrael ul'Nifg'ei Peulot HaEivah (יוֹם הזִּכָּרוֹן לַחֲלָלֵי מַעֲרָכוֹת יִשְׂרָאֵל וּלְנִפְגְעֵי פְּעוּלוֹת הָאֵיבָה)) is Hebrew for "Day (#Yom) of Memorials (#HaZikaron)" (ReformJudaism tells us of other Israeli holidays--their Independence Day (Yom HaAtzmaut) & Jerusalem Day (Yom Y’rushalayim)--and probably explains how Memorial Day is different from "Remembrance Day (Yom HaShoah)).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Today's Cohort

... I forgot I'd already done this cohort! (I just forgot to post it (at the right schedule, anyway) on Buffer to feed it to Twitter)

(and--if you or someone you know about has a birthday today
--please mention them (and how you know them or -know
 about them) in the comments, thanks)

And I Wonder What Saints' Day my Heart of the Nation calendar says this is:

a day of White Vestments for the clergy


Comments