The #ChurchOfScientoLogyinternationaL (#CSi), the Way it #Ought-to-Be/Was-Before | @Britannica @History @ScientoLogy | #Oughta

I started on a post about Leah Remini's struggle against the corrupt group of humans of CSI (Scientology, corrupted from its DIANETICS-beginnings); but--in researching 'what Scientology is'--I started going 'off topic' ... so I'm putting my "research into Scientology" here (so that I can get back to Sister Leah's hardship in the other post).

That post (supporting the battle, I guess) is linked-to through "Ought" below (mostly because I've already 'done' the word |Scientology).

What I show here is 'the group of words' that give "Ought" a place to connect to your vocabulary ... deeper sources that firm the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Ought” is built on ancient words that mean "to Own, |Owe, |Possess" (the Should-meaning coming from "Being under the Obligation or Debt") or means Zero (from a misdivision of |Nought, influenced by the word |Aught (meaning Anything)).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Britannica only says that it was after serving in the Navy that L. Ron Hubbard (no relation) wrote DIANETICS The Modern Science of Mental Health, the founding text of Scientology ... DIANETICS' focus was 'overcoming humankind's mental aberrations,' and Scientology "took a more religious approach" to the human condition.

It strikes me that--though they call it a "religion"--I have yet to see or hear 'what they are supposed to worship' (other than some science-fiction deity I remember they mentioned on SOUTH PARK). I'm sure Scientological scholars would be quick to tell me (as I often try to tell Christian worshippers & ministers) that "religion" (the word itself) doesn't have anything to do with 'worshiping'---it's rooted in words that mean something like 'in reference to the books';

But 'the shared Creator (Father-figure)' is what "binds" the people to the covenant in the books!

Might as well get it straight from the horse's mouth. - There's a lot to take in there ...

The History Channel goes into it a little further ... tells us that Hubbard's DIANETICS describes how he used his mind to 'clear' his brain of Engrams from The War (WWII), by using his Analytic Mind to repair damages done by his Reactive Mind (which takes over in times of Stress or Pain (Trauma).

The 'analysis' done by "professional" Scientologists (on "professing" Scientologists) is known as Auditing. As Hubbard introduced the |Electropsychometer (E-meter) to The Audit, it became less 'mental health' (how the brains of our mortal bodies work) and more 'Religion' (how our minds are used by 'our immortal souls' (known as Thetans)).

Comments