The #PowerOfPrayer is a #Thermostat, NOT an Advisor #BibleStudy #WordByWord #Matthew5FortyFour #Matthew5FortyFive #Colossians3TwentyFive @prayerDotOrg

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a forum discussing 'the proper way to pray') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Thermostat” (the Automatic |Instrument for Regulating Temperature) is built on ancient words that mean #Thermo- (to Heat, |Warm) + -#Stat (to Stand, make or be Firm). | #Thermostats

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


When I see people on the social-network saying we need to pray 'because of our problems'; I worry, because–if the only way we'll talk to God is 'if something is bothering us'–what initiative would God (who loves it when his children talk to him more) have for ending our problems?

If-he loves it when we talk to him but -we only talk to him when we've got problems, wouldn't it be better for him to give us more problems (along with the strength to handle the ones we've got)?

Maybe you think "that's The Devil tryin` ta` get me not ta` pray ta` God," so let me assure you it's not. I could quote Scripture to reassure you ... but so could The Devil, and he could do it much better than I could!

One Scripture-passage that 'sticks out' to me though (a lot like a huge, sharp rock stick out in the middle of a dirt road) is 
    Matthew 5 - Jesus speaking, continues:
  1. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
  2. that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Obviously, 'the part that stuck out (the emphasis I added)' is the 'on the righteous and the unrighteous'-part ... if I were one of those "take it out of context and warp the meaning to my advantage"-ministers, I'd've taken that section out and maybe-convinced you that God just gives willy-nilly at random ... but no; although that also brings up
(the Letter of the Apostle to the) Colossians 3:25: Whoever does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is 'no favoritism' (the KJV puts it "no respect of persons").
My point is (before I get distracted researching each of the words above) that 'praying wrong won't make the right things happen!'

Case-in-point: I'm still single. I prayed 'to get married,' but ... not really—I prayed to be "like I wanna be," and–while it would be nice to have a wife–I'm more 'like I wanna be' when I'm "usually isolated (with full Internet-access)."

Comments