@Coronation2023 brings up Another Difference between Protestants & Catholics - 'High Respect' (NOT #Worship!) for The Saints

Through the bold link below, you can see how The Anointing Ceremony at the Coronation of King Charles III & Queen Camilla (formerly Queen consort) led me into a discussion of a major difference between the Protestant- and the Catholic-Christian Churches.

I'm 'slowly watching' The Coronation (about 30 minutes a day), & today I saw them celebrate Charles III's 'first Eucharist as King' (though I don't know if they did it 'with the belief that the bread & wine BECAME the Body & Blood that they were remembering').

And yet I remember that Charles' oath was made specifically 'to the Protestant Church' ... what other differences are there between that & the Catholic Church?

The only other one I can think of is our appreciation of 'certain anointed clergy who have passed away'---we appreciate them so much (representing them in art, mentioning them in our prayers, etc.) that Protestants & others outside the church think we are #Worshipping them.

The word “Worship” is built on ancient words that mean “Condition of being Worthy (|Equivalent, Opposite), |Dignity, Glory, Distinction, Honor, Renown (-Ship)” (not 'Reverence given only to God, gods or other Supernatural or Divine beings' until c. 1300).

as are  #Worshipped #Worshiper #Worshipers #Worshipful #DevilWorship #SunWorship


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


When we 'pray to Saints,' it's more like "asking your parents to talk to your teacher" (or "asking your spouse to talk to your in-laws")---we're praying to God, and asking The Saints to 'back us up').

And--even though The Protestants don't recognize Saints the same way Catholics do--I believe I heard that a Saint's Shrine played an important role in the Coronation ...

What can you tell me about that in the comments?

Comments