#Personal #YourPersonalAstrophysicist (@NeilTyson (#NeilDeGrasseTyson)) #YourPersonalEtymologist #Person #Personage

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson (in introducing himself on 'his show' (or 'the show he hosts') StarTalk) calls himself "your personal astrophysicist." I didn't 'name' him that, and I don't know of anybody-but-himself (maybe 'his publishers' or 'his university-administrators'?) who 'called him' "their own personal astrophysicist"–just like I might refer to him later-on–

but I'm seeing a good reason-why he calls himself that. Now everywhere I see him, there's ... I dunno, 'a feeling' that I'm going to learn something special (the same feeling you get from some preachers whose sermons you sometimes find enlightening—the ones you can name from memory, like (for me) Kenneth Copeland, T.D. Jakes, Dennis Murray, Joel Osteen, Billy Graham ... though you do have to see through the 'imaginary friend who loves us'-talk to get to the enlightenment).

... same reason I might want to introduce myself as 'your
personal etymologist' 😎


The word “Personal” is built on words that mean “Pertaining to (|-al) the person” (Self).
The word "Person" is built on words that mean "Mask, False |Face (like those worn in Roman Theater)" (Character, to Sound-|Through (as an actor speaking through a mask or voice-modifier), the goddess |Persephone). 


So–when Dr. Tyson says he's 'your personal astrophysicist'–he is really saying (whether he knows it or not) that 'we can all reference his work to see what we should understand everyone should think everyone should know about the visible universe.'


Comments