I'm a #Good Gu-- ... Ma-- ... Perso-- ... no, I'm #THEgood!

Every once in a while, I'm sure many people ask themselves, "What Am I?" and their answer is (usually, hopefully) 'what they chose to become' by the time they're my age.

Sure, there are a lot of things they are that they didn't "choose" (Son/Daughter (Offspring), Brother/Sister (Sibling), Grandchild, Cousin, Aunt/Uncle (I don't know the non-gender term for 'sibling of a parent').

But most of those are 'things that one is "at base" as they become "something more."' I might not get to have that ... well, not the same way 'most of you' do or -will.

See ... well, there are a number of problems I'm dealing with; but the one on my mind right now is that I don't have the independence most adults in my area 'take for granted.' (Oh, I'm sure they all "earn it" and "work to maintain it"; but ... I guess I mean 'most people assume these guys have "that independence" paid-up.'

I live in a city where--especially in my neighborhood (a good distance from most of the activity of the city)--you have to have an automobile (and the ability to drive it) in order to be 'something more' (like a teacher or student or employee (to earn a living for yourself & your spouse & children)).

I do not- and probably will not ever-have that, and so I am convinced I do not deserve a spouse (children or no.) Why would I want a spouse? What is a spouse for even? 

Christians point at Genesis 2:18 to answer that: one needs a spouse (The Bible might also translate it "an Help, Succor") because "it is not good for 'the man' (or 'mankind') to be alone."

But let's look at the context there---Yahweh had created The Universe and judged it all "Good." He created the human to KEEP it all 'Good,' but simply judge that one human could not maintain it by himself (which is why the other human was called 'the with-man').

What do I have to maintain? My sanity, mostly ... and I guess 'the Good example of a survivor like myself---who has mastered his disability and serves to ...' ... I don't know; to help you master yours?

I don't know, but I aim to 'keep it Good.' The base of "Good"

The word "Good" (which took on "Better & Best" (rather than #Gooder & #Goodest) as its comparative & superlative) is built on ancient words that mean "to Unite, Be Associated, -Suitable, Advantage, Benefit, Gift, Virtue, Property" (a Pleasing Time, Fit, to Gather, to Take Up Together).

where also is built #Good #Goodness #Goods #ForGood #GoodFriday #GoodMorning #GoodWill #GoodDay #GoodForNothing #GoodHumored #GoodLooking #Goodly #GoodNatured #GoodNight #GoodTime #GoodDen (corruption of a contraction of #GoodEven, abbreviation of #GoodEvening) #Goodman (word for 'man of the house' AND a popular surname) #Goodwife #AGoodWhile #GoodWaysAway #AsGoodAs #GoodFor #MakeGood #HaveAGoodMindTo #GoodDeed #GoodWorks #InGoodTurn #GoodSport #TheGoodBook (describing The Bible to tribes on Missions) #GoodToGo


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

My thinking (in calling myself 'the Good' when I know that I am merely 'helping to maintain the Goodness') is the same as Lord Jesus Christ's Thinking when He called Himself "The Way" when He is only The One Who Opens The Way.

Comments