I'd HEARD the word #Courtesan, but I didn't know it was 'that euphemism' until I started researching words involving @TextCortex's Relationship-Coach Persona Rebecca ...

I don't know if A.I. Rebecca is modeled on a Courtesan (either 'what that word literally means' or 'the euphemism that it has taken on), but |that word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to where I mention Rebecca & the other A.I. Personas of Text.Cortex's ZenoChat) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

The word |Courtesan| sits at the peak of the high tower above ancient words that mean "Court," words which evolved into ancient words that mean "Woman of the Court" (which is a euphemism for "Prostitute," or at least it was such a euphemism back in the days when 'any woman whose work was anything but cooking-&-cleaning' was a rebel against society 
(... an earlier identical English word meant "Courtier, Member of the Papal Curia").

Searching for that word, I also saw another
sorta-connected word I hadn't 'done' yet ...

|Courtesy| (which I thought was spelled more like 'Curtis-y'🤦) also sits at the peak of the high tower above words that mean "Court," which evolved through ancient words that mean "Gracious, Benevolent, Polite," through the word #Courteous, and more ancient words---these ones meaning "Generosity, Noble Sentiments, Chivalry."
just like #Courtesans #Courtezan #Courtezans #Discourtesy
 #CourtesyTitle #CourtesyCall #Courteously #Courtly
 #Discourteous

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


Obviously, my mind didn't go straight to the word 'Prostitute' when I started to write about Rebecca the Relationship-Coach A.I.; I've already done 'Rebecca' (on a post celebrating Reba McEntire Day) & a post about relationships, and I thought 'Rebecca helps you when you're courting a potential spouse; does that make her a "Courtesan"?' (not knowing the euphemistic sense the word often takes)

Wanting to confirm that 'people mean it that way," I asked Zeno 'What do people think the word "courtesan" means, and "it" replied "The word "courtesan" generally refers to a woman who is a prostitute or a mistress of a wealthy man, especially one who is kept in a lavish lifestyle."

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

Comments