@ProfessoroRock's lecture includes Proof of the TRUE Writer of the ORIGINAL Lyrics of @ACDC's #YouShookMeAllNightLong - the color #Chartreuse (according to #HollyX) | @Wikimedia

Watching, 

|that word| (linked below to the video, cued-up to the point where |that word| was mentioned---I think ... about 16 minutes in) piqued my curiousity ... where did |that word| spring from? in what sense? etc. 

I found out a little more about |that word| and share my findings with you below (and I link to the topic that brought the word up, and might discuss it beneath (and/or you might start a discussion in the comments)).

The word |Chartreuse| is built on the name of the Mountain under the #Carthusian Monastery where the Liquor was brewed (the color of the liquor is 'that pale-green color' that now has that name). 
The |Carthusian| order was named after #Chartreux---a village in Dauphiné, France
And the name |Chartreux| is built on ancient words that mean "Battle King"---I think ... Wiktionary finds a lot of other words thrown in between those meanings ... including the word #Charterhouse (which I think was originally the name of a school housed in |Chartreuse|).

Etymonline says |Charterhouse| was just "a folk etymology alteration" of |Chartreux|, but Wiktionary says it's also from 'a compound of the words Charter & House' 😕 

on which are also-built #

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments