"Fourth Wall" of a #FourthWall: Maybe this Blog is "Something for me to #Chew instead of the Poisonous #Cud that I 'Ruminate' on" | @RecoveryVillage

Evil thoughts out!

Are they gone yet?

No?

The word “Fourth Wall” is ... well, the full phrase is #BreakTheFourthWall. The idea is that--in a play or movie or TV-show--the audience is sitting behind 'the fourth wall of the room in which the action is happening.' But sometimes a player will talk to the audience - #BreakingTheFourthWall.

I did a little searching to make sure I got that right, and found a lot of talk about theatrical 'wall breaking':

The best example? (I think it's actually a THIRD Wall Break, as the character is saying it to another character 'on stage' ... or maybe it's a SIXTH Wall Break INSIDE a Third Wall Break ... or something like that, or not ...)

just like #BreaksTheFourthWall #BrokeTheFourthWall
 #AFourthWallOfAFourthWall #FourthWallBreak
 #ThirdWallBreak #SecondWallBreak #FirstWallBreak
 #FifthWallBreak #SixthWallBreak
The word “Chew” is built on ancient words that mean ... well, "Chew" (a word that evolved from/into words that meant "Jaws, |Gnaw, Bite")
just like #Chews #Chewing #Chewed #ChewingGum
 #ChewingTobacco #Chewable #Chewably #ChewingTheCud
 #ChewTheFat
The word “Cud” is built on ancient words that mean "|Resin (the original Chewing Gum)" (|Glue, |Putty, |Mastic ... applied to Ruminating Animals because the action so resembles humans' "Chewing the Gum").
also related to #Quid (not the Latin (Quid pro Quo), but rather a
 Middle-/Old English word for "a Bite-Sized Piece")

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

media whose example many followed (getting us into the habit of 'talking about our situations as if we're being watched by "an audience"' (although 'the example that I followed' was probably "Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) on F*R*I*E*N*D*S (Could I BE anymore 'parenthetical' (or some self-hating way people get sometimes)?)"))

... are the 'evil thoughts' (generally, "negative thoughts one is allowed to think about oneself when one is left alone ... often judging oneself by the 'being left alone' by others---wondering- and hypothesizing "reasons why one is not included in the others' activities when it seems like they should've invited you along or waited until you were with them," etc.-etc.) gone yet?

If not, how do you break the rumination? Other than Psychotherapy (in person- or online-counseling) or Anxiety-, Depression- or Addiction-Medication, The Recovery Village suggests Meditation, Yoga, Positive Self-Reflection, Exercise, & Walks in Nature.


But ... so it goes ...
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments