Is @Meta bringing #NPCs into 'the Real World' (i.e. still 'Online,' but in Regular Chat with #aiPersonas for @WhatsApp & @Messenger)

That question comes to mind when I see the MASHABLE-headline in the article linked (to the page linked-to) to through the bold text below.

NPCs is an initialism popular in RPGs, and stands for Non-Player Characters (the characters a player meets on the in-game quests, who supply crucial information or equipment but -who are not controlled by any other player (on the #MMO-network)). 
MMO stands for Massively Multi-player Online---the games (oftentimes #MMORPGs) with several players (up through 'millions') playing at the same time---if not 'interacting with other players,' then at least 'posting their scores for comparison with all the rest of the players.' 
#NPC #MMORPG

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments