If You Haven't Seen @TheBatman yet, @LOOPER here has the Info You Need BEFORE you See it | @THEmaeMartin @getFANDOM @HowStuffWorks

... hmm ...

The name #Batman is (of course) a Compound of "Man" & "Bat." One of the words that support 'Bat' is one that means #Flagellum, and that word built on ancient words that mean "to Strike, Whip (Shameful Act, Passionate Deed, Disgraceful Thing; to Demand |Importunately, |Flutter with the Wings, |To-and-Fro)."
#Flagellate #Flagellums #Flagellant #Flagellation #Flagitious

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

BATMAN has always been 'a part of my psyche' (a treasured 'snow-globe' in my head)---maybe not THE BATMAN (which--I think Looper said--is 'in a fictional universe not connected to the Batman-canon'), but the two or three canons of the 60s series, the Tim Burton movies, The Animated Series (with Kevin Conroy & Marc Hamill), the Christopher Nolan movies ...

And now there's the 'Next Generation'--GOTHAM KNIGHTS, which is probably another "CW"-'Scooby Gang' Supe Opera (a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer or SUPERGIRL). There's also a few movies, live-action series, etc. that I didn't mention ... and I think it's best that they stay unmentioned.

So how has BATMAN influenced my psyche? HowStuffWorks says I pattern myself after Alfred Pennyworth (Bruce Wayne's butler):
Good ol' Alfred! Of all the characters who come & go through Gotham, is anyone ever as consistent as Alfred? He's the anchor to the ordinary world for Bruce Wayne in many ways, and--like [me]--he's just trying to be normal in a pretty chaotic world. He does his job, he supports his friend, and he lets the drama happen elsewhere as best he can.
Beside Alfred Pennyworth, BATMAN also presented 'me' with
Lois Lane, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Catwoman (Selina Kyle), Poison Ivy, Vicki Vale, Harley Quinn, Martha Wayne, Thomas Wayne, Wonder Woman, Robin (Dick Grayson?), The Joker, James Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Damian Wayne (I think), Lucius Fox, 
Talia al Ghul, Ra's (or is it RAYSH?) al Ghul, Two-Face (Harvey Dent), The Penguin (Oswald Cobblepot), Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze (Dr. Friese?), The Riddler (Stanley Ipkiss), Bane (there was one that Poison Ivy created, and then the one that Ra's al Ghul ... made), 
... and then (& maybe this is delving into the 'offshoots' that I probably don't consider "canon," but then FANDOM doesn't exactly consider Alfred Pennyworth "canon" either! (they don't list PENNYWORTH in the "Live-Action Television" drop-down)) The Court of Owls, Solomon Grundy ...
I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments