I '@'-Tag Many of You to Credit Your #Exertion in 'a Collab You Didn't Even Know You Were Joining' | @MeriamWebster @Quora #PeteChapman

Because basically, 'The Internet IS a Giant Blog.' If I can see it (without special permission) and decide it's worth sharing, I'll share it.

I know I don't have to give the sharers 'credit for it' (and I often don't---as with most of the posts where I share the "purpose in life"-banner shared below), but--especially if the shared picture-or-link expresses an opinion I might not agree-with--I'll do my best to '@'-tag the original sharer (if I can find their Twitter-I.D. ... sometimes even '#'-tagging them if I can't find the I.D.)

I hope it all helps me teach you about these words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Exertion” is built on ancient words that mean "to Attach-, Join-, Arrange Out, -from Within."
#Exert #Exerts #Exerted #Exerting #Exsert

The '#'-tag is also known as the #Octothorpe or the #PoundSign.
It's called the Pound Sign because ancient traders used it as a symbol of the abbreviation 'lb.' (today's abbreviation for Pounds, from an Italian initialism for "Weight in Pounds"). 
And of course Octothorpe is built of ancient words that mean "Eight" + ... they're not sure about #Thorpe, which might've been added when a telephone-company employee happened to Burp while describing the symbol ... 
or it might be inspired by the surname of a legendary Olympic athlete (a name based on an ancient word meaning "Village").

#lb. 


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


And so it goes.
the 'force' that causes you to find profit & fulfillment by doing these few favors for me 🙏🏽

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives on politics and entertainment (both currently and of the recent- & distant past), and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments