#Uppercase & #Lowercase may not make a difference in Popular URLs, but -in Redirects it might be different | @Microsoft @docsmsft

In Twitter-IDs, I don't think it matters 'which letters are capitalized (upper-case)' and 'which letters are small (lower-case)'---e.g. https://twitter.com/mythmanjay & https://twitter.com/MythManJay both lead to the same ID.

I think it works the same way with URLs (possibly having something to do with the fact that URLs are simply 'users' name for their IP-address (their location on their IP's network)' or something ITs know better than I do).

But I was given a redirect, and I typed it into my address-bar without paying attention to 'which letters were uppercase & which were lowercase'; and it took me to a different page.

That page explains the #tCo (t.co)-redirects in a report you can access through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The words “Uppercase & Lowercase” refer to the two Cases in which early Print-|Compositors kept their Types---the Capital Letters kept in the Upper Compartment on the |Sloped Table, the Small Letters in the Lower.

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


I 'asked The Internet,' and--as near as I can tell--it varies according to 'the whims of your Internet Server' (the cases don't usually matter in 'the domain' (website.com); but "the path part" (/page-of-the-site/) may or may not be case-sensitive---typically Windows machines are case-insensitive & Linux machines are case-sensitive).

(so maybe my first example (at the top) should've been "twitter.com vs. TwiTTeR.Com")






Comments