'Defending the Muse' who told @Lizzo to use the word #Spaz (tho Lizzo's Lyric-Change Works Just-Fine Too ... and The Muse Forgives her)

I discuss 'the muse-betrayal' in a paying discussion you can access through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; you can get paid to add to the discussion there, but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Spaz” (a word which can be 'a derogatory term for one with #SpasticParalysis,' and can also mean 'an Incompetent or Uncoordinated Person' or 'to Lose Physical- or Emotional Control') is built on ancient words that mean "Drawing, Pulling, Stretching" (see |Spasm).
#Spazz #Spazzed #SpazzedOut #Spazzing #SpazzingOut #Spastic #Spastically #Spasticity

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


My OP of the discussion entitled "Lizzo 'Betrayed the Muse' in Folding under the Weight of Her Fans' 'Hurt Feelings'" (in case it gets taken down from myLot)
CNN reports that--after hearing 'a few complaints' about a word Grammy-winner Lizzo used in one of her songs--she CHANGED THE LYRICS! The way they got her to do it? They called her an "ableist." In the song GRRRLS, the lyrics were about a situation that was getting her riled-up and about to 'throw down,' and she sings (or 'raps'; I dunno, haven't heard it) "... I'm a spaz; I'm about to knock somebody out, yo ..." Well, a Twitter-er or two reacted, "my disability Cerebral Palsy is literally classified as Spastic Diplegia (where spasticity refers to unending painful tightness in my legs) your new song makes me pretty angry + sad... 'Spaz' doesn't mean freaked out or crazy. It's an ableist slur. It's 2022. Do better." If I were her, I'd have replied, "Oh, and were you disappointed when Barney the Dinosaur to join in on the chorus? Many words can mean many different things. As you don't like it when your legs unendingly 'spaz,' I don't like it when someone makes me 'spaz' (causing a violent reaction)." Or maybe just, "Grow up!" Or am I being 'ableist' (which I might feel like I deserve to be ... the same way African Americans feel like they have the right to use the N-word, I'm a recovering conqueror of Traumatic Brain-Injury who is no longer a Vegetable)?





Comments