on #MayTenth2022, when I Got Links from @Bing @MSNnews @espressocom - #BlogsTheWayBlogsWereWhenBloggersStartedBlogging | @wikipedia

Because blogs started as 'lists of links to pages the writer found recently' by people who called themselves Escribitionists (sometimes ... or was that "how email started"? or both? or neither?)

The 'etymology' below is just keeping with my theme (because that's why I started blogging---to show that all words are linguistically built upon earlier foundational words); then--below the subscribe bar--I'll list 'the many links I wanted to blog today.'

#Exhibition is part of the word 'Escribitionist' (which I think describes 'what I'm doing.' I link to 'my post on that word' below, and I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Exhibition” is built on ancient words that mean Out + "to Hold, Give or Receive" ('the filter I choose' doesn't display any search-results for #Exhibitionist or #Exhibitionism #Exhibitionists #Exhibitionistic etc.---Etymonline mentions a "psychosexual sense" of the word, and I imagine that's the sense that's popular on the Internet & -that no one needs to see from me).
#Exhibit #Exhibited #Exhibiting #Exhibitor

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Sort of 'as Lord Jesus prophesied,' ... something about 'the cart before the horse'? 'harvest too plentiful for the harvester to gather it all at once'? 'the gleaner out-cropping the cropper'? It'll come back to me; first, the latest links in the web's 'tirade' of content flowing into my senses:

The 'tirades' (below the quote from St. James) are coming from a few sources:

  1. Ubiquitous - ever-present
  2. Paradigm - a set of assumptions
  3. Dichotomy - something with two contradictory qualities
  4. Equivocate - be vague
  5. Non Sequitur - a statement unrelated to the conversation it's a part of
  6. Panacea - a cure-all
  7. Perfunctory - mechanically or superficially with little enthusiasm
  8. Fastidious - paying attention to detail
  9. Scintillating - clever, lively, animated
  10. Cacophony - a jarring blast of noise
  11. Glib - smooth and slick, but insincere
  12. Ennui - intense boredom
  13. Solipsistic - believing that only the self exists
  14. Acquiesce - compromise
  15. Anomaly - something inconsistent
  16. Capitulate - give up
  17. Facetious - joking inappropriately
  18. Aplomb - self-confidence
  19. Axiomatic - self-evident
  20. Avant-garde - new & experimental
Oh! and also The Marvel Superhero You Didn't Realize Was Played By The Big Bang Theory's Melissa Rauch (msn.com) - (she voiced The Wasp in The ANT-MAN Animated Series)


Comments