#ModernTheology: @JerrySavelleMIN's Article reminds me Why SOME Believers- but Not Other, Just-as-Worthy Believers #Receive the Promised Help @CopelandNetwork @GaryKeesee @Ask_Media_Group #Receiving #Receipt #Recipient


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


Many 'atheists' (and/or 'wannabe atheists') bring up 'the fact that God doesn't prevent every bad incident' as "proof that God doesn't exist." But the below-hyperlinked article explains why it seems he helps some & not others.

The article echoes a sermon I heard from Gary Keesee (I think I recall), about how he made sure he would 'score a 10-point buck' (on his hunting-trip) by writing a check to charity to "pay for" the scoring of the ten-point buck.

The way Jerry puts it; he asks God why he doesn't have 'the answer to a prayer he's been praying,' and God basically replies, "because you don't believe you'll get it." In other words:
"Lord, You told me I needed to act like I had an airplane. I did that. Where's the airplane?" 
He answered my question with one of His own: Son, where are you going to keep it?
I'm going to keep it at the airport," I said. 
Do you have a hangar? 
I didn't. 
I thought you said you believed you had an airplane. 
I tried arguing with Him about it. "I'm waiting for the airplane to manifest," I told Him. 
I thought you said you had an airplane! He repeated.
Of course, that makes me think of the Prosperity Gospel's infamous "Believe you Receive, and you shall have whatsoever ye request." But 'believing' is not just "thinking/knowing God's gonna give you what you ask-for," but it's 'buying the hangar' or 'writing the check' or–as when Simon Peter saw Jesus on the water–actually stepping off of the boat!

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to the article) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Receive” is built on words that mean “Back (Re-) + to Take, Grasp.”

I used to attend Gospel Celebration Fellowship—a church that says it's "non-denominational," but that does meet on Saturdays (as a Sabbatarian church would).

Every week, we'd have a special time in the service where we'd hear prayer-requests from each of the individual congregants that had a concern. And I remember one who would always stand and announce that she needed a car.

I don't if she ever got a car or if she's still asking for one every week (or if she's still with us), but I'm fairly sure that she hasn't because she can't 'make the change that's necessary'—she was living in an assisted-living center, and was doing just fine 'getting rides whenever she needed to.'

If she needed a car, I'm sure 'God' (or 'God's children') would get her one if she bought a garage for it.


Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments