#WhatGrindsMyGears - #FloatingWeekdayHolidays (Thanksgiving on a #FloatingThursday, Easter on a #FloatingSunday, some other religious holidays on #FloatingWednesday #FloatingFriday #FloatingSaturday #FloatingMonday #FloatingTuesday)

I was doing my Birthday-Cohort thing for November 26 (which is 'the day after Thanksgiving Day' in 2021). I usually match it with 'a holiday that also falls on the same date every year (like birthdays & anniversaries do), but it seemed like 'every holiday I looked at' (listed below) fell on "the day after Thanksgiving" (the fourth Friday, if not the first Friday (on years when the fourth Thursday of November is the last day of November)). 

'Those kind of holidays' (the 'nth "weekday" of the month'-holidays) are called #Floating Weekday Holidays, as Calculator.net explains in a report linked through 'that word' below. I'll get to 'listing a few of those holidays' beneath the Subscribe-bar; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Floating (\ #Float #Floatation #Floater #Floated #Floats #Afloat)” is built on ancient words that mean "to Flow."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



A Few of 'those holidays':
The religious holidays (I stumbled-upon while searching for the above) are Jewish holidays & Hindu festivals which--like Christianity's "Easter" (which I probably changed to 'Resurrection Sunday' above)--are usually set to the Lunar Calendar.

Comments