#Ásatrú (or #Asatru): a 'Denomination' of #Heathen, for @AsatruBlog @AsatruCommunity @FolkAsatru @AsatruHeathenry @Asatru_UK @AwakenTheNorth @PathOfAsatru @AsatruWolf etc.

Searching Twitter for 'a group with authority on Norse legends' (the way MARVEL is an authority on 'the modern Jotunheim'), I came across The Ásatrú Community. As I (and I suppose most other American audience-members) am unfamiliar with 'Ásatrú,' I didn't mention them in this post's Title; but I wanted to find out more.

And The Ásatrú Community's explanation of 'Ásatrú' is linked through 'the main word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Ásatrú” is built on ancient words that mean "Faith in the Æsir (a Tribe of Gods in the |Northern Pantheon (that of the |Norse Gods?), one Team among many (including the |Vanir, Ancestors, Land Spirits))."

They describe Ásatrú as 'a denomination of' (or "one
 group among many that fit under the umbrella of-")
 #Heathen

The word "Heathen" is built on ancient words that mean "|Dweller on the |Heath, |Inhabitant of Uncultivated Land" (words The Bible might translate "|Gentile, Greek"). #Heathenry #Heathenish #Heathenism


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Comments