@MSN & #Bloomberg @business report that @Square bought Majority-Stock in #JayZ's music-service #Tidal @Tidal

I'm not a fan of Jay-Z or -of popular music or -of streaming services today, so I've never heard of Tidal; but a report of 'the buy' was on my Bing homepage.

That report is linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Tidal” (named for 'the #TidalWave of tunes they be streamin`, son!' I imagine Jay-Z or one of his disciples would say) is built on ancient words that mean High Water caused by Movement of the #Tides (and--though they're not 'actually' tidal--also Waves caused by Tsunami, Earth|quake, etc.). #Intertidal #TidalWaves 
The word "Tides" is built on ancient words that mean "to Divide" (as a day's Time was divided by the |Rise & Fall of the |Sea). #Tide #Betide #ChristmasTide #Eventide #FloodTide #RipTide #Tidewater #Tidings #Tidy #Yuletide







Comments