#Technicalities Keep Me Alive (and/or -a Member of myLot Forums and/or -a Sainted Member of the Catholic Church and/or -c.) | @TabForACause

This was brought up by a discussion I was having on myLot.

MyLot's managers graciously give members there a fraction of the site's revenue. But--wanting to be fair about it--they don't divulge any of the specifics on the amounts they will give (other than to say that 
 ... in order that no one "games" myLot's money-distribution-system---members contribute to myLot 'to participate in community' and not 'to get any reward.'

One member started a discussion about myLot's money-system--how it's not like other site's money-systems that think of the money more as "earned wages for work accomplished"--and so I (since myLot didn't seem to offer the information the member was looking-for) looked elsewhere on the Internet & found some not-very-accurate claims.

I linked to those inaccurate claims within that discussion, and it was there-confirmed that the information was inaccurate. Yet 'the inaccuracy' was cited as a reason why 'my thread of that discussion' was deleted.

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner

Later in that thread (before it was deleted, obvs) I linked to my invitation-link to TabForACause. And such invitation-links violate one of 'the commandments of MyLot' (a commandment I know all-too-well, having a past account there that was ERASED because--among many other sneaky things--I frequently posted referral-links there).

I could just-as-well have posted the TFAC-address without my referral-code on the end. But I thought this specific referral-link was okay, because it doesn't earn anyone any money. (it just gave me a few more 'votes' on "which of the optional charities" Gladly's donation goes-to).

But the referral-code was cited as another reason why 'my thread of that discussion was deleted.


And don't mistake this post as 'complaining about "having 'my two-cents' deleted even though I followed all the rules"!' Because--tho I did follow all the rules--I didn't do it 'carefully enough' (which would've involved a lot of "not including all the information"). 


Too Much Information (TMI) makes things too complicated ... the way some people can't eat sausages or hot-dogs etc. because they know too much about 'what goes into making them.' And knowing a few of the technicalities of their making, they are sickened (because they ignore the technicality that makes the meat-product edible again).

The word 'technicalities' is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Technicalities” is built on ... well, it's built on 'the same ancient words as #Technology & #Technique' (words that mean |Art, |Skill, |Craft (the prefix |Techno-)); 
but it means something more like |Literally or |Legalistic, as the Etymonline-entry mentions #TechnicalFouls (the |Violations in |Basketball that are made |Without physical contact) & #TechnicalKnockOuts (the |Win in a |Boxing-|Match when the |Loser is |Not Unconscious). 
#Technical #Technicality #Tech #Technic #Polytechnic #Techniques #Technologies #Technically


Comments