#Soon #Sooner #Soonest #BoomerSooner #Eftsoons #SoonerSchooner @Wikipedia @AdvanceLocal @History

|That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to my 'compulsion' of the lyrics that brought |that word| to my attention) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

The word |Soon| sits at the peak of the high tower above the proto-word *sæno (tagging that, #saeno), which evolved through ancient words that mean "Forthwith, Immediately
(Oklahomans' nickname #Sooners comes from the 1889 Land Run---when settlers raced out to stake their claims on the former Injun Territory, and some sneaked onto the land to stake their claim |Sooner| than the legal date & time (while "Boomers" were the ones who lobbied for the lands to be opened early ... even though they snuck on whether they were opened or not ... named after the Land-Boom, I imagine ...
(not sure why 'that nickname' never caught-on so much ... I mean; we are "The Sooner State"---mostly because Oklahoma University chose to name it's team The Sooners).

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

a drawing of the Sooner Schooner (the real covered-wagon they drag out on the field during breaks in Oklahoma University football-games)


Comments