What I'm #Attempting Here (Now---6/3/2023)

With each word, I'll tell you it's 'built on' one word/phrase, then maybe some of the influencing words/phrases to explain what 'the root-word' has to do with 'the main word. Then I'll list the main word behind that root, and the main word behind that root, etc.-etc., until I 'dig down' to either 'a circle-root' (where I keep returning to a few meanings in a cycle) or a proto-word and/or an echoic word or some other 'ultimate base' word (some sound that 'just means that,' y'know?).

For instance: 

The word “Attempting” is built on ancient words that mean "to Try To (or -Toward ... see Ad-, Tempt)"; with Try built on Examine, on Force, on Brave, on Wild, on Natural, on Birth, on Carry, on Run, on Flow---the primary meaning of the Proto-word *|pleu-
just like #Attempts #Attempt #Attempted #Reattempt
 #Reattempts #Reattempted #Reattempting

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


I think that's how I started this blog (or a blog like it)---digging all the way down to find 'the basest root' for each word. My idea was that--if I do that 'deep dig' with the first several words I look at--I won't have to 'dig so deep' on most/all of the proceeding words, as I can just link 'the surface etymology' to that word's 'deep dig' and readers who want to go down that 'rabbit-hole' can click it and 'spelunk' it themselves!

That's why I--linking to all the words I've posted about--I'll use a "_blank" (opening the new page in another window/tab) on all the links except for the primary 'ancient word's meaning'---even 'new window'-ing secondary meanings of that one ancient word---so it's like you can 'look down the tunnels I've dug for those words' before you 'actually go down the main tunnel.'

(Though I think from now on I'm going to see if I haven't already 'dug all the way down
 on the root-word' before I 'dig all the way down on it' again ... so--instead of listing roots
 'all the way down'--that list will stop with a link that you can open if you want to go
 further down ... and I think that link will also be a 'rabbit-hole' link.

((I don't know if that's already what that means, in which case I'm coining it here ... a
 'rabbit-hole link' (tagging it #RabbitHoleLink) is one that opens in the same
 tab/window.))
The Henley Tunnels, found on the Hubpages page for "Smugglers Tunnels, Underground Shelters, Military Hideouts and Deep Caverns in and Around Gravesend From Pre-Roman Times"

The Henley Tunnels, found on the Hubpages page for "Smugglers Tunnels, Underground Shelters, Military Hideouts and Deep Caverns in and Around Gravesend From Pre-Roman Times"

The Henley Tunnels, found on the Hubpages page for "Smugglers Tunnels, Underground Shelters, Military Hideouts and Deep Caverns in and Around Gravesend From Pre-Roman Times"
... you get the idea ...

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments