@ClickTrackProf Try to 'Lead Us into #Temptation,' & 'Even I' am #Tempted to Join-in! (yep, good ol' #incorruptibleMe) @HiveBlockchain

I suppose I first got into this blogging-thing because ... in order to ...

...

I don't know; I guess my primary 'dopamine-diet' (the thrill you get from the sense of accomplishment) comes from 'people seeing & using the clever things I put together*'---I suppose that's similar to the reason people go into show-business (even after it becomes more-than-clear that their artwork isn't up to the standard required to perform profitably.)

When we publicize our clever constructions, we feel that we deserve 'a reward' for our hobby. Groups like CTP (and a few others I can think of ... MyLot, Xomba, one I think was called AC (Associated Content), HIVE & 'forums' all over the HIVE system, Wordpress, etc.) take advantage of our self-entitlement, and tempt us with currency-credit they'll give to us if we let them attach advertising to our writings.

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a post about that 'spirit is willing but the flesh weak'-phrase) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “|Temptation|” (+ #Tempt #Tempting #Tempts #Tempted #Temptations #Temptress #Tempter #Temptresses #Tempters #Temptingly) is built on ancient words that mean "to Handle, Touch, Try, Test" (to |Provoke, Defy; Inviting. |Alluring, Enticing ... bringing-to-mind "Test not The Lᴏʀᴅ!"). 
The words translated “|Temptation|” (Greek πειρασμός (peirasmos, -mon)) could also be translated "a |Probation, |Calamity, Affliction" (or Experiment).







*I suppose that's what motivated my grandfather when--as one of the founding workers in Oklahoma City's Fred Jones (Ford) Manufacturing--he would regularly go to Automotive Conventions, briefly examine the new technologies they were presenting that year, and then return home to construct the exact-same technologies simply using spare parts lying around his garage!

Comments