... so is this @TigNotaro giving @BertKreischer a #Mastectomy 'By Proxy'? @CheatSheet might say, but I'm still asking @TigFansUnite & @BertKreisher1

a picture of Tig 'MorphThinged' with one of Bert

Bert Kreischer (reported in the article linked through |that word| below) performs his stand-up without his shirt on. 

Bert might not have seen the Tig Notaro special where she performs without a shirt on (to prove that she's had a mastectomy and healed perfectly well).

Tig Fans might be up-in-arms about how Bert doesn't give Tig any credit for the move. (I don't know if she did it before- or after Bert started doing it.)

But this came up when Bert also said he's not sure what "by proxy" means (it just sounded right when he was describing 'the way the people at his anti-drug summer-camp thought he was "cool" because he was forced to sit between to big guys who got caught smoking marijuana).

So--rather than just give him the definition--I thought I'd teach it to him this way.

It is ... wait, Tig gave Bert a 'WHAT'?

The word |Mastectomy| is built of #Masto- "Breast" (built on the proto-word *mad- "Wet, Moist" ... see Mast) and -ectomy "a Cutting."
And "by proxy"--for nerds like me who have to know 'the exact meaning'--means "through a substitute."

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments