@CharlesCapps1 preached about something I'm sure @MissMayim knows about

In a recently-broadcast Concepts of Faith, Brother Capps told his congregation about a "recent" study that found a voice-activated section of the brain that sends chemicals to your immune-system---showing the wisdom of Jesus' "the power of life & death is in the tongue."

I've already done the word 'Tongue,' but what is the Tongue without the #Mouth? (|that word| linked to some research I've found ... and I hope to follow that with some discussion on the topic).

The word |Mouth| is built on the proto-word *men- "to Project" (referring to the way one's |Chin projects ... evolving through ancient words that mean "Tooth, Gate, Door; to Speak (sometimes |Pompously or |Affectedly, sometimes Without |Utterance").
on which are also-built #Mouths #Mouthed #Mouthing
 #BadMouth #BigMouth #Blabbermouth #Cottonmouth
 #LargeMouth #LoudMouth #Mouthful #Mouthpiece #Mouthwash
 #MouthWatering #Mouthy #SmallMouth #SmartMouth
 #MouthOrgan #MouthBreather #MouthToMouth #WordOfMouth
#PutWordsInHisMouth #TakeTheWordsOutOfMyMouth
 #DownInTheMouth

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


I know you might dismiss Brother Capps' preaching as 'just another repeat of the "positive thinking"-meme,' but--although there is the practical aspect of that (the "whether you think you can or -you think you can't, you're right"-idea)--the speaking (or otherwise calling for change) factor came to my view today ... through a kind of 'parable' Brother Capps demonstrated.

He called one of the congregants there to rise & stand in front of him. When the man was standing in front of him, he asked, "Now, why didn't you come stand up here twenty minutes ago?" The man answered, "Because you didn't ask."

"And you would've come up to the stage any time I had asked you to."

"Yes."

"I rest my case." (He had also mentioned how God has given us many gifts, but how we can't take them unless we as for them.)

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments