They say 'Jesus said "Disciples are the Church's 'Cornerstone'"; are you sure He didn't mean "the #LoadBearing #TentPole?"

Thinking about 'how I want all the posts in this blog to be linked (either directly, to other posts that link directly, to other posts that link to other posts that ... etc.) to one or two 'base-foundation' words, I remembered 'the prophecy about Jesus's ministers' (they say "Jesus is 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone'" when they're talking about Psalm 118:15-27 or Acts 4:11 or Ephesians 2:20 or Mark 12:10 or First Peter 2 or Matthew 21:42 etc.)

But then I thought, 'huh ... Funny that--right after He gave them the power to be "cornerstones of the church"--they all set out to 'go camping' (true, it was "as they told all nations how to be their own cornerstones"; but we're taught that the best way to attract new disciples is 'by your own behavior').

The word “Load-Bearing” describes a Building-Part that Bears the Load (of Canvas or Ceiling above it).
just like #LoadBearer #LoadBearers
The word “Tent-Pole” is the name for one of the Poles that holds up one's #Tent.
just like #TentPoles
The word “Tent” is built on ancient words that mean "to Stretch (as one Stretches the Canvas/Animal-Hide over a framework)."
just like #Tents #Tented #Tenting

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


The word I'm looking for might be "Chief Corner, Head Angle, Meeting of Two Walls, Lord & Ruler of the 'Secret Place' (where Jesus told us we should do ALL our praying), Quarter" translated from the Greek.

But--speaking to the 'Steady Bases" of His Disciples--He commanded them to Go! Disciple All Nations!
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments