I want the a.k.a. #RhettKhan (Another #Sequelizer) - inspired by QUEEN @QueenWillRock with @DavidBowieREAL & @vanillaice, @Eiffel65Band & @BebeRexha with @DavidGuetta, @iamQueenLatifah & #WhoopiGoldberg

You hear songs or see stories (comic-books & TV & movies etc.) where 'the second heavily inspires the first'---as "Under Pressure" seemed to inspire "Ice, Ice Baby," "I'm Blue (da ba dee)" inspired "I'm Good (Blue)," and maybe THE EQUALIZER (with Queen Latifah & Adam Goldberg) inspired The Change.

The idea of 'The Sequelizer' (though the title--a portmanteau of Sequel & Equalizer--IS inspired by THE EQUALIZER) really started when I saw Bebe's & David's "I'm Good." Before I went and found out more about 'their reboot of Eiffel 65's melody,' I seriously thought it was "the sequel to the 1998 hit."

'Hmm,' I thought, 'Maybe it should be my mission to MAKE the second song into "a sequel to the first."' I could do that by 'retconning' the artists' original intentions (retcon by #Rhett #Khan, pun-fully-intended)---for example, I could imagine that Bebe Rexha was 'a knight in shining armor' swooping in to save Blue from his monochrome existence.

Vanilla Ice was a medic swooping into to 'put a little Ice on' Queen-&-Bowie's pressure. And Robyn "THE EQUALIZER" is surely going to go through 'The Change!' (I'm not even two seasons through her show.)
Whoopi Goldberg and Queen Latifah, proving they're not the same person (barring some obsessive PhotoShop-work)


The name “Rhett” is built on ancient words that mean "Advice, Counsel."
just like #Rhetta
The surname “Khan” is built on ancient words that mean "King, Ruler."
just like #Ilhan #Kagan

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

And the best way to reset the two creators' (or creative-teams') intentions? an 'Interquel' (a piece between the prequel & the sequel ... not unlike ROGUE ONE). 

Because it feels 'wrong' to go straight from "I'm Blue" (the day-to-day rigmarole of being Blue) to the all-out party-time of "I'm Good" (especially because they still felt it necessary to state their "Blue"-ness!)

They need an 'episode' where "Good" MEETS "Blue" and leads him out of the swamp!
My New Mantra (one of several)

Can you think of any 'reboots' we can save by #Sequelization? Tell us how you would #Sequelize the works in the comments below!

Comments