@PatrickHWillems ... Into the #Queliverse, the #Prequelizer Seeking the #Sequelizer - #Quel #Quell


Sure, he's talking specifically about the MATRIX-serials; but he mentions how he looks at most movies this way (with a mind toward 'how he would make them better'), and it reminds me of what I frequently think when I watch movies (especially the 'big franchise' movies, like STAR WARS, STAR TREK, the MCU, the DCEU, The Mummy (the Brendan Fraser ones, not the classic classic ones or the UNIVERSAL's Dark Universe one), UNDERWORLD, BLADE, DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN (both the doctor and 'the monster he gave life'), Van Helsing ...)

I guess it's an idea akin to LAST ACTION HERO, but I (especially with MARVEL's use of the Norse Pantheon, coupled with DC's progress into the mystic with SHAZAM) am more inspired by the parallel Pantheons (Pantheoni?) of the Greeks & Romans & ... Hindus? & possibly the Native Americans & Maya.


Not so much by those gods' "godly powers," as by their secret identities from one story to another ... I guess I want to imagine the One Universe in which all those characters co-exist—naturally leading to some dual-identities (usually 'one character having once been one identity and redefining themselves as the new identity).

But I felt that 'the movies that exist' are perfectly fine and don't need to be improved upon ... no, the story finds its completion in 'Quels' (sequels, prequels ... Meanwhile-quels?)

That 'suffix' (the main one linked below)—I felt like there might be something more to that word ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which filmmakers can build ...

The suffix “-Quel” carries traces of ... after seeing that "Sequel" focuses on the "Seek"-syllable (and that "Prequel" is modeled on 'Sequel'), the closest traces I can find are "Train, Procession."


... But words are still evolving ... You know anything about recent developments of meaning here? Comment below!

And Subscribe by Email to keep up with the new things we (any commenters & I) are learning & sharing here.

Comments