#MyTwoCents on @Maddow & #HerTwoCents - the #TwoCents that's Worth The Most!

Seeing that "Rachel Maddow" was trending on Twitter, I opened that 'trending'-page and saw a tweet urging people to 'cry out' (reply, sign a petition, etc.) for Rachel Maddow to return to her nightly commentary-show (after recently stepping-back a bit to once-a-week broadcasts while she works on other projects around MSNBC).

That inspired me to respond,

Why is someone's opinion 'their #TwoCents '? I'll give you the closest explanation I can get (mostly through the sources you can access through 'the listed links' below); but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The phrase “(My/Her/His/Their/Our) Two Cents” is built on #TwoCentsWorth (Two Cents' Worth), based on (my guess, seconding a few of the sources below) 'a typical Ante in |Poker (the Payment Required to Validate each Participant's Part in the Game ... you might call it 'that hand's Dues').'
#HisTwoCents #OurTwoCents #TheirTwoCents

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


The guess above is based on (beside my inestimable knowledge of all things seen & unseen) a brief review of the search that showed me:






Comments