Y'know, When You Recognize the #Melody, but Don't Remember the Name of the Song? #CarlMahnke @Gaussman reminds us of the titles that go with those #Melodic #Melodies

A few of 'those songs' have been on my mind lately, and I surfed across these videos that tell us the songs's names.

Carl Mahnke found a lot of those songs, and gives us each of those melodies with their title a video accessed through 'the bold hyperlink(s)' below (and another video linked from there); I'll try to list the ones I recognize, but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “|Melody| (Succession of Notes Forming a Distinctive Sequence (probably inspiring the female name) ... Melodious #Melodist #Melodize #Melodise #Melodized #Melodizing #MelodicLine #MelodicPhrase)” is built on ancient words that mean |Limbs, Members (|Joined Together Fittingly) + Song, |Ode.

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


The ones I recognize (I'll try to describe where I've heard them, but in the comments you can finish the ' - ' ones or correct me if I get the description wrong ... and I'll put in time-markers (maybe 'where that song started,' maybe 'where it was when I recognized the song'):
  • 0:00 one I remember from the AUSTIN POWERS movies (but I think it's been popular 'easy listening' since the '60s) or Homer Simpson dancing with exotic princess - "Soul Bossa Nova"
  • 0:09 one I've heard on Lawrence Welk and I know its title from its lyrics, or it's Ratatouille cooking - "Windchester Cathedral" (that's how Carl spells it)
  • 0:17 'there was a lit-tle "Spanish Flea" ...' - iddidly diddly
  • 0:42 The Mexican Hat Dance - the 'stereotypical Mexican song' ... I dance I dance I dance. Around a Mexican hat. I dance I dance I dance. And that's the end of that. Or is it I guess I'll keep singing. My cellphone appears to be ringing...
  • 1:07 The Benny Hill Theme (actually called "Yackety Sax") - I think it's used in those scenes where the characters (usually cartoon-) are coming out of random doors in a hallway & crossing the hall to disappear through the door across the hall, before appearing out of another totally random door, etc. (Rose Tyler and the Doctor chasing the alien over the hallway from room to room)
  • 1:32 Henry Mancini's Baby Elephant Walk - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ 'Dog in the Bath Tub'
  • 1:40 Tea for Two (... and Two, for Tea ...) Mrs. Quickly at tea with Mr. Brown
  • 1:57 Crafty Party - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️Pampers baby diapers ad
  • 2:05 The theme to THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW is (played while he & Opie are on their way to) "The Fishin' Hole" (NYOOT NYOOT)
  • 2:30 The standard piano-song (although there are many of those; this was my 'sure, I can play the piano!'-song) - "The Entertainer" (11th Doctor being the 11th Doctor)
  • 2:47 The theme to ROCKY (for the workout-montage, I think), "Gonna Fly Now" (Czech TV Show, Horákovi, chubby boy nicknamed Skittles, is training for a PE lesson)
  • 2:55 Bart Simpson used a melody for the parody that goes, "Lisa---her teeth are big! and! green; Lisa---she smells like gas! o! lene ..." The song is (as Carl spelled it) March fron River Kwai---actually named "Colonel Bogey March" (also used when Rory Williams guards Amy (for a thousand years in DOCTOR WHO))
  • 3:11 The William Tell Overture finale - most of us first heard it as the theme to The Lone Ranger - also used for Banzai, Shenzi and Ed chasing little Simba in The Lion King
  • 3:20 maybe you know Russian Dance from The Nutcracker Suite - it's very similar to (if not the same as) the soundtrack to HOME ALONE's 'hurrying to pack'-scene
    • 8:02 is another Nutcracker Suite selection - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
  • 3:28 the music that plays while the line of French showgirls dance The Can-Can - "Orphee aux Enfers, or Galop Infernal" - 'This is the periodic table, noble gas is stable, halogens and alkali react agressively!'
  • 3:36 March of the Toreadors - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ (which will-be/has-been the sign for 'I don't remember where I've heard this one, but I know I've heard it; I just didn't know this was its name') 'We're waiting every night to finally roam and invite...'
  • 3:53 The Stars and Stripes Forever - often played with fireworks or a patriotic victory-march - Lincoln and his sisters
    • also with some parody lyrics: "Be kind to your faire-feathered friends ...; be kind to the animals of the swamp, where the weather is always damp. You may think that this is the end; well it is!
  • 4:00 the graduation song is named "Pomp and Circumstance- No. 1 in D Major" - 'Switzerland forever'
    • "Nah Na-na-na, Get Real ..."
  • 4:09 Blue Danube Waltz - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ ... 'Dah-Dah-dah-dah-daaaa Blink-blink, Blink-blink ...' Look, Joe! We are flying! SHUT UP AVRELL!!!
  • 4:47 The spinning-plates music - "Sabre Dance" - waltz of treachery?
  • 7:13 you might know Also Sprach Zarathustra as the theme from 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
  • 7:20 O Fortuna - it makes think of choirs in cult-rituals 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ 'Dah-dah dah-dah ... dah-dah dah-dah ... dah-dah dah-dah dah-daaaaaa dah-daaaa'
  • 7:28 that nostalgic summer easy listening tune - "A Summer Place: Young love scene"
  • 8:19 "Forrest Gump Suite" - played while we watched the feather fly through the air, I think.
  • 8:51 I think of a circus-scene when I hear "Entry of the Gladiators"
  • 9:15 whoo-oo-oo-oo-oooo ... wah-wah-waaah ("The Good, the Bad and the Ugly")
  • 9:23 "Chariots of Fire" - frequently used for scenes of slow-motion running
  • 10:05 "Streets of Cairo" - I think of outdoor markets in the desert
  • 10:13 the tune I think of when I think of The Church Pipe-Organ (though I think the recording is merely the piano-version) - Toccata and Fugue in D minor
  • 0:16 "Happy Go Lively" played as Homer Simpson pranced about in The Land of Chocolate
  • 1:05 "Pick Up the Pieces" - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • 1:12 "Canta Loop" - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • 1:20 "Take Five" - 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
    • a lot of them were pieces you'd see the title-of if you were listening to them (because you'd hear them as selections at concerts)
  • 8:28 Here comes the bride! - "Bridal Chorus" (8:39 from the first video is for that end-of-the-wedding song, "Wedding March)
  • 9:04 y'all ready for this? na-na-na bah bah de-bum-bum-bum-bum bah bah de-bum-bum-bum - "Get Ready"
not necessarily in that order, and a lot of them were left out because I don't recognize them or because I don't think they're recognizable as anything but 'classic music' (I don't know if "Classical" is the right word)


A comment to the first video (aside from what I took out & added to my list above) reads:

AlphaRani CZ
0:25 - Baby sunar TV Spot 0:33 - Chicken dance 0:50 - Jake Perolta explains his case 0:58 - Grand galloping gaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 1:15 - Bean 1:23 - Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel, Jason and Michelle 1:48 - Willy Wonka while Violet is transforming into the blueberry 2:13 - The Little mole (Krteček) 2:21 - Scooby doo! 2:37 - Everybody wants to be a cat! 3:02 - I am allowed to use the greatest weapon of the disposal! Scotland! 1200 years and we've only written one song! 3:44 - KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK Penny! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK Penny! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK Penny! 4:17 - Haru and Baron dancing 4:25 - Anakin's thoughts when he kissed Padmé for the first time 4:33 - The wasp is chasing daddy Pig! 4:41 - Sherri and Terri at talent show 4:58 - Angelina Ballerina 5:06 - Thumbelina 5:15 - Squidward trying for auditions 5:23 - Igor Hnízdo playing his violin 5:31 - South Park, Woodland creatures have captured Kyle! 5:40 - Sandy at rodeo 5:48 - Robert! His chest! They've punctured his lungs!!! 5:56 - Tom and Jerry are dirigents now! Good luck! 6:04 - Malfoy family has arrived now! 6:13 - Max Jerry Horowitz has won the national lottery and bought chocolate and nobblets! 6:21 - This is a glass elevator! 6:29 - Ash is losing the battle 6:38 - Indiana Jones trying if there is any trap 6:46 - Welcome to BRICKLEBERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! 6:54 - The Springfield's glacier 7:03 - Check out the multiples of 7, y'all!!! 7:11 - Bring the chocolate, please! 7:19 - They all have known the Answer! 7:27 - Cho and Harry 7:35 - Cartman gets 1 000 000 dollars 7:44 - Princess Luna becoming Nightmare Moon 7:52 - The Doctor and Ace on the unknown planet 8:00 - Peppa pig: I am the fairy princess! 8:09 - Princess Tutu and princess Kraehe dancing 8:17 - The life is like a box of chocolates. You never now what you gonna get. 8:25 - Twillight Sparkle becomes a princess 8:33 - Peep marries Ratso 8:42 - Nokia in the blender of course 8:50 - Circus Afro, circus Afro!!! 8:58 - Rocky wins the snail race 9:07 - Leonard, Raj and Howard stoling Indiana Jones movie from the cinema 9:15 - The Master fighting with the Doctor 9:23 - OH, SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!!! 9:32 - Francis Drake and the Golden Hind 9:40 - Creepypasta named Working at Disney 9:48 - CAAAAAAAAARLLLLLL!!! THERE IS A DEAD HUMAN IN OUR HOOOOUUUUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! 9:56 - Sheldon discovers something special, which is not really special 10:05 - Barty Crouch Jr. 10:13 - Ugly Spongebob playing organ 10:21 - Beverly Hills Chihuahua gets lost! 10:30 - The TARDIS trying to fly away with Jack on the door 10:38 - Jake Perolta is searching for some clues 10:46 - Arnold Rimmer thinks he would become an officer, even if he wrote sentence I am the fish! Fourty times

Comments