#AgathaChristie, the Best-Selling Author in the Universe? @Bing

Microsoft Rewards quizzed members on Agatha Christie's works, and--tho I can't remember ever having read one--I did surprisingly well on the quiz ... I guess her works are so 'baked into the media landscape' that I can't spend 'as much time here as I do' WITHOUT being influenced by her.

Bing helps me find out more about her, in a search linked through 'that name' below; but first I want to understand that name better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The full name of “Agatha Christie” is Dame #Agatha Mary #Clarissa #Christie. 
The name "Agatha (\ #Agathe #Aggie)" is built on ancient words that mean Good
The name "Clarissa (\ #Clarisse #Claritia #Clarisa)" is a form of the name #Clarice, a derivative of #Clara (\ #Clarus #Claire #Clairibel #Clair) built on ancient words that mean Clear, |Bright, Famous.
The name "Christie" is built on ancient words that mean "Child of #Christopher."

The name "Christopher (\ #Kristopher #Kris #Kit #Chris #Chip #Topher)" is built on ancient words that mean "|Bearing (Carrying) Christ." 


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow




Comments