@Twitter & 'the #InformationSuperhighway to #Damascus' (or a #RoadToDamascusMoment for the 21st Century, brought to you by @PeteButtigieg @MSNBC (NOT @CNN) @Metsmania1 @MythManJay

One of my 'tweeps' (people I follow on Twitter who might follow me back) Tweeted a complaint about an evangelizing-commercial on CNN. I didn't believe there had been such a commercial; so I guessed they just imagined it (the way hearing-loss makes people imagine 'a ringing in their ears), but I went ahead and searched for 'jesus commercial on CNN' and the first video that came up was ... NOT about Jesus ... I'll post that somewhere else ...

I shared it in a reply-tweet, but then I realized 'how old that video was'; so I changed my search to 'CNN asks if jesus is your personal savior.' Well, that "if jesus is your personal savior"-bit must've been a POWERFUL search---it turned up an interview-segment that wasn't on CNN ... 
The #RoadToDamascus-moment (when a Christian 'realizes' his faith) is named after the moment that the apostle Paul had when he was on his way to Damascus to persecute more Christians---a moment that convinced him to become the apostle Paul (rather than -to remain the Pharisee Saul).

That's explained at the report linked through 'the main word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Damascus” is built on ancient words that mean ... lectographers not sure what the words mean, but the city was famous for its Silk with Elaborate Patterns |Woven into it. It's also famous for its |Steel, and for #Damask---the Pink Hue of the #DamaskRose (which grows in the region). 

... but that's before the lectographers look at Biblical
 origins ... 

I look at BibleHub's records on it: First, I see the name (according to Hitchcock's Bible-Names Dictionary) means "Sack Full of Blood, the |Similitude of Burning" (remind anyone of Christians' image of Hell?); they say the Greek name for the place is "of Hebrew origin," but then they say that that root-word is "of '|foreign' origin." 
(I know, "Aren't all languages 'foreign' to each other?" but they probably mean it's from an unknown, long-dead language ... probably meaning 'Sack Full of Blood, the Similitude of Burning.')

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



Comments