#HappyBirthday to the #March29 #BirthdayCohort, including @Marina_Sirtis AND @ChrisDElia AND ... You? on #NiagaraFallsRunsDry @NiagaraFalls | @411Holidays @DaysOfTheYear @AstrologyCafe

I had a post that I rewrote everyday to replace 'yesterday's cohort' with 'today's cohort.' One day I asked myself, 'Why don't I just do an entry for every day (with that day's cohort & holidays & maybe its event-anniversaries)?'

That way I can go back & input new birthdays & events etc. Like today (#Niagara Falls #RunsDry Day).

That anniversary's explanation is linked through 'the main words' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Niagara” is built on ancient words that mean "the |Strait" or "|Bisected Bottom-Lands." 
The phrase "Runs Dry" is built on ancient phrases that ... looking for the phrase's etymology, I found A LOT of sources for 'Dry Run' (a |Rehearsal without an Audience, named from its origin in Firefighters doing a Practice-Run (and so doing it without Water ... |Dry).

Hey, wait a minute! Does that mean SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE's "Dry-Opener" every week is done without an audience?... maybe 'while the audience is filing in'? ... oh, excuse me; that's a cold open---so-called because it's done before 'the opening-credits' 💗

('Dry Run' is also a Native-American name for an Empty River|bed).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Today's Cohort

Pisces (basically ... I'll do some more 'research' to find out 'how the various moon-phases & risings & descendings etc. make it different'): Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION), Lucy Lawless, Elle Macpherson, Annabella Sciorra (Robin Williams' soul-mate in What Dreams May Come), comedian Chris D'Elia, Sam Walton, comedian Amy Sedaris, Christopher Lambert, baseball-star Cy Young, comedy-legend Eric Idle, Vangelis

(and--if you or someone you know about has a birthday today
--please mention them (and how you know them or -know
 about them) in the comments, thanks)

And I Wonder What Saints' Day my Heart of the Nation calendar says this is:

no saint, but the clergy are wearing Violet



Comments